KAISOO

Beautiful. Stunning. Breathtaking. Sexy. Only a few words to describe the man that sat at that counter, in a place he didn't seem to quite belong in. He takes a deep breath in, lights flash around him and music loudly blares from the speakers, but he doesn't hear a thing. He feels numb, nice, and warm. He's sitting at a bar.

His breath reeks of alcohol. 

Another young man walks up to him. He opens his mouth, sighs, and speaks in a soothing, but annoyed, voice. "Kim Jongin." He addresses the man at the bar counter. "You're drinking again."

"Kyung...soo..." Jongin's voice is a slur, but it's a melodious one. The two men face each other. Jongin works as a successful dancer, sometimes struck down by a stroke of misfortune. Kyungsoo is a chef, famous for his delicacies. These two are best friends, they've always depended on each other and always will.

"Jongin-ah..." He tries to think of something to say, but knits his eyebrows instead. Kyungsoo usually never has trouble with words. He was usually the cheery one, full of jokes and smiles. And Jongin usually laughed with him, yet the only person that ever brought him down like this was Jongin. "What happened this time, Kai?" He called him by his nickname. Jongin always loved that.

"Nothing ah! Hahaha!" He laughs, but it sounds strained. 

"Jongin. You're drunk." 

"Hyung, no wayy!" He's obviously loopy. He stands up and puts his hand on Kyungsoo's shoulder. "Hyuuuuung, take a sip!" He puts his hand around the glass in front of him and raises it to Kyungsoo's face. Kyungsoo pushes the glass away in disgust.

"Jongin. Please." He almost begs him. "Let's go home. Please. C'mon." He puts his arm on Jongin's shoulder and lifts him up.

"Hyung aha, when did you get so strong? Aren't I heavy?" Jongin looks up at Kyungsoo. Then he stands up straight, his smile falls, and he puts his finger on Kyungsoo's cheek.

"What...what are you doing?" Kyungsoo asks him, about to slap his hand away. But Jongin stops him.

"Kyungsoo, you have an eyelash here..." And he wipes away at an invisible eyelash. But in truth, there's no eyelash there.

"Kai." Kyungsoo said strictly. There's an edge in his voice.

"Yaaahhhh, hyuung. Jongin, Jongin." He corrected. 

"Kai."

"What, hyung?"

"Get. Your. Finger. Off. My face." The edge in his voice wasn't piercing the drunk shield Jongin had created for himself.

Few words could describe the men that stood there that day. There was Do Kyungsoo, who had a wide-eyed, cute appearance, but was a responsible big brother when he wasn't the adorable, childish friend. And then there was Kim Jongin, sexy and cocky, but cute when he was in the mood. And he was definitely not in the mood.

"Hyung, calm down." He takes his finger off of Kyungsoo's cheek. "Hyung-ah, let's..go home." He smirks when Kyungsoo's not watching. Kyungsoo helps him to the car, and drives them back the apartment Jongin lived in. "Hyung, you're going to leave me all by myself?" He shows his little mocking smirk to Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo starts to walk away. "No, wait!" He takes a shaky step towards him, and grabs onto his sleeve.

Kyungsoo turns his head back around, slowly.

"Hyung, don't leave me alone please. I feel sick."

Kyungsoo pauses. Then he takes a deep breath, and sighs. "That's what you get for drinking so much. C'mon." He locks his car door, and helps Jongin back to his apartment. It's a messy, one-bedroom suite, with clutters of everything, everywhere. "Do you ever clean up...? And how the hell do you talk so clearly when you're so goddamn drunk?" He mutters to himself. He looks over at Jongin next to him, half asleep, leaning on Kyungsoo's shoulder. Kyungsoo makes a "tsk" sound, and lies Jongin down on the couch. He stands up to leave, but then Jongin tugs on his sleeve. "What do you want now?" He asks, irritated. Then he sees that Jongin is asleep. I never knew he sleep...moved. He thinks to himself.

He tries to gently pry Jongin's fingers from his sleeve, but they hold fast. "Goddammit, Kai..." He looks at his best friend, Jongin, as he continues trying to pull of the stubborn hand from his shirt. Jongin's face twists in pain. Kyungsoo, seeing this, stops suddenly, eyes wide. Had he hurt Jongin somehow?

"Hyung..." He's sleep talking. "Please.."

Kyungsoo waits for him to finish his sentence. The silence stretches on. "Jongin," he whispers. "Please, what?"

"Please don't leave me alone...."

Kyungsoo pauses as Jongin shifts in his sleep. Kyungsoo heaves a sigh, and sits himself down on the floor with his back leaning against the couch. He feels a combination of irritation...and relief. "Don't worry." He whispers, mainly to himself more than anyone else. "I won't." And Kyungsoo falls asleep as well.

And in his sleep, Jongin smiles.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Alright, I'm clearly not good at writing ship-fanfics...but I hope it's okay anyway. ><