KRISHUN

Kris is really tall. Like, annoyingly tall. Like telephone poles, or streetlamps. Or redwood trees in those protected parks in California, or maybe that one-thousand step mountain passage people climb in China. Anyway, Sehun's point is that he's really, freakin tall and it irritates him so much.

Actually, it's probably just that Sehun was king of this school until he came along. He had the looks (tall, imposing, messy blond hair, nice complexion, bright eyes). He had the grades (Top 20 for every exam, and number one on all of them). He was great at sports (basketball team and soccer team, both varsity). And, well, he had that cold personality that girls and guys alike seemed to love. A mysterious aura that floated around him, and no one seemed to be able to get past it. Plus, he hung out with a good crowd. Luhan, the pretty boy who was nice to everyone and whom everyone admired, and Kai, the bad-boy, handsome male that everyone wanted to have their hands on.

So basically, he was an idol, the idol. And then--

"Good morning class," The teacher greeted everyone with a bored expression.

Everyone replied about as enthusiastically as he did.

"We have a new student today," He looked towards the door and in walked him. The teacher patted him on the back and told him to greet everyone.

"Hello," the new student's voice was lower than anything Sehun had every heard, save for Chanyeol's. But Chanyeol was a weird kid, so he didn't count. "My name is Kris Wu. I moved from China, and I hope I'll have fun here." He smirked at the class and a poor girl in the back row let out a gasp.

Everyone was positively mesmerized and Sehun could feel his temper rising past limits. And oh, lo-and-behold, the only empty seat was the one next to him. This must be one of those stupid shoujo mangas his female cousin liked to read or something because it was getting way out of hand. Why? Because Kris was tall, blond, and imposing. After just two weeks of sitting with him, he finds out Kris is smart and gets good grades. Because above all, he's instantaneously popular and witty and Sehun doesn't even give a shit for keeping track anymore because he does not like him one bit.

"Oh c'mon, Sehun-ah, give the giant a chance." Kai said between chewing food and watching anime on his phone. Kyungsoo was leaning over his shoulder to watch too, so it must be Prince of Tennis or something. He watched Kai sneak a peek at the other boy and then give him a peck on the cheek. Okay, Kai was the bad-boy of the school...until he completely and utterly fell head-over-heels for Do Kyungsoo. 

"Why? He's an inferior species," Sehun picked at the pasta on his plate with his plastic fork.

"Of what exactly?" Kai squinted his eys at him and shook his head. "You're just jealous."

"What is there to be jealous of?" Sehun glares at Kris through peripheral vision. He's sitting two tables down with Tao and Lay, two boys that had also moved from China some months ago. They were laughing about something, well, Tao and Kris were. Lay was busy burying his face in some thick-ass book he would most likely finish in the next two blocks. 

"Sehun, he's not that bad." Luhan took a sip from his milk cartoon. 

"You talked to him?" Incredulous. Even his friends were betraying him for that huge-handed beast.

"You have too! Sehun, you sit next to him, for God's sake." Luhan's phone beeps with a text. He wouldn't be surprised if it was Xiumin asking to meet him after school. He glances at the screen, "By the way, I can't go walk with you guys today." Yup.

"Not by choice, I don't." Sehun gave up on the pasta and picked up a grape. 

"Whatever. Look," Luhan grabbed his shoulders and gave him a shake. "Just talk to the guy. He's kinda hot. I dunno, maybe you'll like him."