"Hey, Grant," I smile at him. He pulls away from hugging Peyton to see me. His eyes have gotten darker and his hair has gotten longer. I'm not a fan of long hair, but he looks nice with it.

"Is that little Grayson Lake? The one who wet her pants till she was 8?" I scold him while the guys all around him laugh at me. Peyton hits his arm with a smile on her face. It was one time when I was 8. My family and Peyton's all got together for a camping trip and I couldn't hold it in. I blush at the memory. Maybe this is why I will never go camping again.

"Shut up Grant. How was New Mexico?" Peyton and he walk on the track, leaving me awkwardly trailing behind them. If I knew I was going to be the third wheel, I would have bought more to eat from the cafeteria.

Grant turns around to face me. "Lot warmer than here," he sighs heavily.

I look away from Grant while he and Peyton start to catch up. I look towards the turf field. Paul, Jacob, and Andrew are throwing the football in a triangle. Paul has 4 girls talking to him, including Jocelyn. Andrew has two girls talking to him. And Jacob has his girlfriend, Caroline. No wonder Paul doesn't like me, he has four perfect barbies at the blink of an eye.

"Grayson, I'm gonna get something to eat. I'll be back before you and Grant know it." Without another word, she gives me a knowing look and walks towards the cafeteria. She is trying to set me up, I can tell by the look on her face.

"You got taller Grant," I admit. He grins and flexes in front of me with a weird face, making me laugh.

"Don't laugh, I'm working on it." Grant stops in front of me to talk.

"Fine, I won't laugh." I look up at him and continue laughing. He glares at me.

In a short second, I notice something brown flying towards us. "I think you're-" The flying thing hits Grant in the back of his head with a thump that stops him. I scream as he falls towards me like a domino, almost taking me down onto the track with him.

"Are you okay?" I drop to my knees and watch Grant turn, cringing every time his head moves. A few people walk towards us to see why I screamed.

"What the fuck?" Grant sits up and looks around him. I look behind him and see a football still rolling around.

I stand up and see Jacob and Andrew laughing, Paul is running towards us.

"You okay man? I didn't mean to hit you." Paul grabs Grant by his gray t-shirt, pulling him up from the track in a swift motion. My jaw drops at Paul.

"I'm fine." Grant mutters.

"You are a fricken quarterback! You don't miss!" I yell. He did this on purpose, I swear. I fume and help Grant stand up properly.

"I never miss, babe," Paul smirks at me before picking up his football and jogging back to the triangle. A few people look at me and I'm tempted to give them all the bird.

"Let's take you to the nurse, Grant." Grant throws an arm over my shoulder, almost bringing me down.

"Let me help." Andrew Summers wraps an arm around Grant's waist and I let go.

"Thank you, Andrew." Andrew nods his head and walks with Grant towards the school's entrance. I take one last look at Paul before storming off.

---

"Hey Grayson, thanks for coming." Jocelyn leads me to the table we sat at last night, where our dry diorama sits.

"So we just have to paint the rest?" I ask. I set down my backpack on a chair.

"Yup." Jocelyn hands me a paintbrush and we start painting the diorama in silence.

"Who was the guy you were with today?" Jocelyn lifts one eyebrow at me, waiting for a response.

"Grant Hellers. Peyton's cousin." I set down my paintbrush and lean back in my chair.

The sides of the diorama look pretty good. All Jocelyn has to do is bring it to school tomorrow and we will present Friday morning. Mrs. Landford gives bonus points to anyone who presents on the first day. When I get home, I'll share the google document with Mrs. Landford and that's all the history homework I have for the rest of the week.

"He's cute. I should talk to him." Jocelyn takes my paintbrush and hers and puts them in a container of water, washing out the paint.

"What about that guy you like?" I try to ask the question casually.

"I don't know, to be honest. He came over last night acting so weird. We didn't even do it. He literally ate half the pizza and left. He must have said at most ten words to me. I was so mad." Jocelyn shakes her head disappointed. Why wouldn't Paul sleep with her? I didn't even want to think about them or Paul's sex life. It's his business.

"So can you bring in the diorama tomorrow?" I ask. I help her wipe paint off the table.

"Yeah. But I have early cheerleading practice tomorrow, so I might forget." I look at her and sigh.

"Put your cheerleading bag next to the project so you won't forget it," I suggest. She nods. I pack up all my stuff and walk towards the front door to leave.

"Grayson?" I turn around and look at Jocelyn.

"Thanks for being my partner. I think we worked well together." She smiles at me. I give her a sad smile before walking to my car.