Max Ride meets new friends: Katniss and Tris (Maximum Ride crossover)

It's getting late. The Flock (i.e. Fang, Iggy, Nudge, the Gasman and Angel) and I have been flying around in the sky looking for a place to stay for the night. "Max..." Angel said. "Yes, Sweetie?" I replied and she flew next to me. "We've been flying for hours... can we please get down?" she pleaded. Aw, the poor thing. I couldn't blame her though. We have been flying for hours now. It's nearly midnight, we haven't stopped looking. Ever since the incident in that wretched restaurant people have been looking for us. AKA "the bird kids" and we're not allowed to stay in the central park anymore. And the concrete ledge we used to stay in? The hacker kept bugging me to get out of his system and he scared poor Angel, we just had to get away from there.

"She's right. We've been flying for hours. We need to stop" Fang said finally talking. "Where are we anyway?" I heard Iggy ask. "I don't know but it seems like we're not in New York anymore, we've been heading west right?" Nudge asked. But I wasn't paying any attention to them. My eyes focused were on three boys and a girl who's blindfolded. "Max." Fang called me sternly. He was looking at the direction where I was looking and he knew exactly what's on my mind. "Max, no."

"Fang, it won't take long... I promise" I said. He gave me a look but I already made my decision. "Just hover in the air, high up so they won't see you." I told them. Before Fang could say anything else I already swooped down toward the barrier. I kept myself hidden in the dark and observed what they're trying to do. "Lift her up, c'mon!" one of the boys said.

The girl trashed, from the look on her face she's trying to scream but one of the boys' hand was covering her mouth. They suddenly pushed her to the metal railing, and then they forced her to arch over it. I have to move... fast! She was hanging over the railing and the boys were the only one who was keeping her from falling. One of the boys' hands roamed around her body. "You sure you're sixteen Stiff?" I heard him say. "Doesn't feel like you're more than twelve" the other two snickered. "Wait, I think I found something!" he said before squeezing the girl.

That's it. I HAVE TO MOVE. I stepped out of the dark with my arms crossed; my eyebrows arched and stared at them judgingly. (Aha, like a boss.) The moment I showed up the boys looked at me, half-confused half-surprised. "It's just a girl." One of them said. They tried their best to ignore me but they still look uncomfortable. "What do you think you're doing?" I said speaking with confidence. "What do you care?" one of them scoffed. "Go back to bed or we'll push you into the chasm."

"You won't really do that. You don't want to fight me." I said with a taunting smirk. One of them approached me; cracking his knuckles as if that would scare me. He's probably expecting me to back away but I stayed firm on my ground. We stood face to face, he stared into my eyes; I can see a fire flaming as he glared at me. "Tough girl you are." He scoffed. "Trust me honey, I'm tougher than you think I am." I said grinning. "We'll see about that."

Before I knew what's happening he punched me straight on the face and I toppled off my feet and fell on the floor. The boys laughed at me. "Who's tough now, girly?" he said. I wiped the blood running from my nose, looked up at him and grinned again. "My turn..." I got up and punched him straight in the face; he was surprised by my sudden action and back away a bit clutching his nose. The other boys ran to me but I was faster. I hit one on the stomach. He clutched his stomach and I got the opportunity to punch him in the face and he fell on the ground. The other one got a hold of me from behind but I stepped on his feet hard enough for him to let me go and I punched him on the stomach and he fell on his knees. "LET'S GO!" the boy who I punched first yelled and they ran away. "Cowards..." I muttered under my breath. The girl was still lying on the ground. I crouched down next to her and removed the blindfold off her eyes. "Are you okay?" I asked her.

"I'm fine... thanks" she said trying to get up. "Careful..." I said and I helped her up. "Thanks for saving me from them" she said gratefully. "No problem" I smiled. "Who are you? I never saw you around the Dauntless Headquarters before..." she asked.