Chapter 5

It had been roughly 4 weeks since the accident and still Juliet and Daniel were stuck in the hospital. Daniel was overwhelmed and sick on the hospital fumes, all he could smell was blood and disinfectant. Juliet had gotten used to the aroma, but she hadn't gotten used to staying in the same room 24/7.

She felt claustrophobic because she was held in the same, dull, and mundane room all the time.
She frowned when she remembered that her parents, nor Daniels parents had come to visit either of them. Of course she expected that from her mom and dad, but not Daniel's. Daniel's family and him were closer that particles of sand. They were one big happy family, never a sad moment in their time together. It hurt her knowing that both their parents weren't with them in their time of need.

Her thoughts became too much, the room was suffocating, so she finally got up and walked to Daniels room. She walked in to see him tearing up.

"Wh-why didn't th-they come? Th-they love me, bu-but they ch-chose n-not to show up. Why?" He cried, tears pooled in his eyes, and slowly poured out of his beautiful eyes, one by one, holding a steady pace.

"Maybe they were held up," I lied to make him feel better.

"Did your parents come?" He asked as he wiped away the tears just to let more fall.

"No, I was never close to my parents. I told you a story about hit already," I told him while giving a weak, fake smile.

"What about the times you felt close to your parents, closer compared to when you were farther away," His eyes locked with mine, and shivers rolled down my spine.

"There was one time when were as close as the continents. But that was when I was 16," I began, he nodded as to motion me to keep taking.
▪️▫️▪️▫️▪️▫️▪️▫️▪️▫️▪️▫️▪️▫️▪️
I was happy. I think. I had never experienced this emotion around my parents, and considering what my friends say, the happiness that is brought to you by the ones who created you is far greater than the happiness you create. For the first time, I realized that it was true. It felt like I was feeling this new emotion. For the first time my heart was on my sleeve, and it felt better than anything.

A hearty laugh escaped my mouth, a strong set of arms wrapped around my thin frame, and chiseled chin rested on my head. A large grin, one that showed all my teeth was present, my dimples clearly the second most conspicuous feature on my face. My lit up eyes being the first.

"Daddy!" I squealed as he twirled me around.

"I love you pumpkin," He chuckled as he set me on the ground.

" I love you too Dad," I laughed a laugh that sounded like chimes in the gentlest breeze.

"Happy 16 birthday sweetheart," He spoke as he planted a kiss on my forehead.

"Thank you!" I have him a hug.

For the first time since my mother had left me and my father alone my dad was lively, and for the first time since my mother left 2 years ago he spoke to me. And hearing his velvety voice in two years brought tears to my eyes, and a warmth to my heart.

I held the brand new acoustic guitar in my hands and strummed a chord.

"Thanks for being here dad," I smiled a teary grin at him, and he flashed one back.

For the first time in forever ( this is quoted from Frozen, all rights to the movie Frozen) I felt hope. I felt intense connection, but I knew sooner or later there would be heartbreaking loss. (This is paraphrased from the TV show Stitchers. All Rights to Stitchers).

Before I went to bed that day, my father had given me a long, sweet, heart warming embrace.

"I love you munchkin," He looked at me in the eye, and said those four words with the most affection he could put into words.

"I love you too Daddy. Forever and Always," I smiled at him and hugged him even tighter.

Little did I know that I would talk to and see my father for a very long time.
-------------------------------------------------------
Hey guys!

So this chapter is extremely short. But short chapters are the only way I can update quick.

All my stories are in the Wattys, so it would help a ton of you voted as Much as possible.

Update: The Players Good Girl - 5 days

Update: My Savior - 10 days

PLEASE vote and comment, it means so much to me and results in longer and quicker updates.

Stay chill, and enjoy the rest of your summer break,
~M😎😘😜

A Forgotten Love StoryOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara