Ch 13 The Meeting

EDITED

Jace's POV:

We sat at a table close enough to see them and hear their conversation, but not close enough for them to catch us. 

I can't believe that wimp Xavier is Lily's older brother. He's a heartless, weak, pathetic excuse of a human being.

"What are we going to do man?" Blake asked pulling me out of my thoughts.

"Honestly...I have no idea. If either of them sees us,  we're compromised." I paused thinking of a solution. "Maybe we should call Allan and see what he says." I suggested.

"Okay,  sounds good."

"Hello?" Allan answered. "Is everything okay Jace?" he questioned.

"Not really." I sighed. "We have a problem... You see we know Xavier from training at the agency... So if he sees us things will get nasty real fast, he will know we're spying for someone. Allan we can't stay here, but Xavier will see us if we try to leave. We're out of ideas, what should we do?"  I spoke softly into the phone so no one around us could hear me.

"Okay,  get up and walk out of the cafe. If Xavier sees you, brush it off and try to avoid confrontation at all costs. We all know he would love to start something in public and not pay any mind about innocent people. No matter what, you and Blake need to get out of there. If you have to leave Lily behind, then do it...we can always find her later. None of us really have a good history with him, and Lily just wants to be close to the last blood relative she has left. Please be careful." he said and hung up before I could reply.

"What's the plan?" Blake asked.

"We are leaving, and if we get caught we drive like a bat out of hell." I answered wary of the argument about to come.

"But what about Lily?!" Blake whispered furiously. 

"Allan said to leave her behind, there's a bigger chance he will shoot us down than her. Act now, argue later." I replied.

"Let's go. " he sighed and got up from his seat.

We escaped the cafe with no problems and headed back to the gang house without anyone following us.

•••

The next morning I woke up, got ready, and headed downstairs to eat breakfast. When I got there Matt wasn't in the kitchen, and Alex wasn't around tormenting Allan and Matt.

'Something is wrong.' I thought to myself. And as if my thoughts were answered Alex came into the kitchen as Blake descended the stairs.

"Guys, you're needed in Allan's office. Its urgent." he said in his business voice.

"Okay." Blake answered, and we followed behind Alex.

We've never been to Allan's office before, but I felt like we were being escorted to the principals office. I know whatever we walk into will not be pretty. When we walked in I noticed the guards, Allan, Matt, and a couple agents we trained with were there waiting. I looked around and saw pictures of Allan and Lily together through the years. There were a couple pictures where there was another boy who looked a little like Lily, I figured it must be Xavier. Then there was a picture sitting on his desk with Lily, Matt, Alex, and him in front of two people. They all looked happy, the man and woman looked like Lily so I guess they must be her parents.

"Take a seat guys, we have a lot to do today. " Allan ordered.

"Where's Lily?" I asked sitting in one of the conference chairs on the other side of the room from his desk. Allan sat at the head of the table and Matt sat at the other end.

"Jace... She never came home." Allan said slowly as if talking to a child.

"I knew we shouldn't have left her! " Blake shouted at me.

"Calm down Blake, we will get her back. She's alive,  we know that for sure. We know Xavier stays in one of the families safe houses a little outside of town. Blake, Jace, and Matt are going to sneak in and see if Xavier is there. If he is you will knock him out and call for back up. Jackson,  you are in charge of team four. Jace has team three, Blake will lead team two, and Matt will lead team one. Once you have Xavier call Jackson, he will bring in his team to pick him up. Once you find Lily call Jace and Matt's teams in. Matt your team will cover Jace's as they extract Lily from the building. Are we all on the same page now?" Allans voice was filled with authority, well it has to be since he's in command now.

A chorus of "Yes Sir's," filled the room and he nodded.

"Alright everyone, gear up! " he shouted.

"Where will you be?" Blake asked.

"I have a team that will cause chaos on the other side of the building from where you guys will go in." he replied. 

"Okay." Blake replied.

We loaded up the SUV's and trucks, and headed out to Xavier's hideout. My hopes are high, I need to find her. 

Xavier will pay if she's hurt. I promise.

We pulled up a mile down the road from the house and began the trek. Once we arrived we waited for Allan's team to raise hell, and we made our move. I kicked down the door in front of me and lead my team in.  We walked around with our guns ready, and we checked every room until a certain traitor voiced his presence.

"Hello Jace.  What a pleasant surprise to see you here. How's the agency?" He mocked.

***

Hey guys!  Sorry I haven't updated lately. School is starting next week and I've been busy. Anyways. Here's another chapter. I know it's short but I will put the next once up soon. I might even put up three today.
Another cover! Thanks sis. Blue_Book_Writer

~Christa