Chapter[2]

Okayy.....so how about 10 votes this time???? please guys? I really want to know how I am doing and I will only know that if you vote and vomment....so please!!!!    

===================================

       Chapter [2]

=======================

   RECAP:

   "Let him go now and no harm will come to you." I spoke words of truth yet Damien had no reason to believe me. I deceived him way back when and died in his arms and yet here I am.

    Damien took one look at me and waved his hand at his goons and they dropped Drake. Damien and the other two guys walked past me but not before Damien whispered, "I will find out what you are and I will make sure you are dead the next time I kill you." Damien and his two friends walked out of Drake's house and into the busy street.

    "You know who they were?" Drake asked me.

    "Yes." It was the only answer I could say.

   "Who is he? That Damien character?" Drake said as he got up off the floor.

   "Someone you wont have the chance to meet again. I promise you that."  

============================

         After making sure that Drake was okay, I helped him clean up his house and promised to stay with him for a few days to make sure Damien and his two goons didn't come back. After cleaning up Drake and I walked to my house so I could grab a bag to put clothes in. Drake talked to my mom while I grabbed everything I needed before leaving the house. Mom wouldn't be herself if she didn't yell at me for sleeping over at a guy's house even though the guy has been my best friend since first grade.     We made it back to Drake's house but before I went in I glanced at the mailbox and noticed a piece of paper peeking out. I opened the mailbox and reached my hand in and grabbed the piece of torn paper before walking through the thresh hold of Drake's house. I shut the door and laid my bag by the door of the guest bedroom and opened the folded paper.

     Beware of the company you keep dear friend for it may be the last company you keep for a while. -D-

     That is just like Damien to warn someone before something awful falls upon them. He must care so much for the company I keep if he is to warn my friends all the time of how much a danger I am to them and the ones they love.

     "Ash, you hungry? I can make you something to eat." Drake called from the kitchen. I quickly stuffed the folded piece of torn paper into the back of my pocket and put my bag on the guest bed before answering.

     "No. That's okay, Drake. I'm not very hungry." The truth be told, I never really am ever hungry anymore. See, Demons feed off the fear and anger and any other emotion that is related to those two. Don't ask why because I wouldn't be able to tell you even if I could. Obviously at this point some of you would start talking about gods and goddesses, but there aren't any of those anymore. When people stopped believing in them, they just disappeared. But of course now people believe in one God and without 'God' there can't be a 'Devil'. Without 'Good' there can't be 'Evil'. It's just that simple. If I had the chance to go back and choose what kind of creature i wanted to be, them I would choose to be normal.    

 "Are you sure? I can make you something quick. It's no problem." Drake was very insistent, but he knew after two times of 'no', to stop asking.

     "I'm okay, Drake. You've had a rough day. Why don't you go lay down and watch t.v. while I finish cleaning up." I walked into the kitchen to see Drake open his mouth to object but I put my hand up and he shut his mouth and nodded his head and went into his room.