it's us, the lemmets.

"troye, look at the size of that building! that's like, the size of three of our houses back at home. is that our house? i call dibs on the biggest room- wait, what if there is a games room? troye, you know how much i want one of those: a room for just playing games- or, more specifically, a room to beat your ass at GTA in." 

"that's cute, tydles, but the last time you said that you were going to 'beat my ass' at a game, you ended up restarting the whole damn thing in rage. it took me ages trying to find that car, then you deleted it all. you do not realise how much i fuc-"

"boys, watch the language." 

laurelle turned around in her passenger seat, enough so that she could make her point clear to the two sheepish looking boys sitting in the middle of the seven-seater vehicle. said boys, tyde and troye, looked down, ears becoming red. not in shame, but more so in embarrassment that they got told off infront of their other siblings, who were now chuckling to themselves in the back. laurelle, with her point made, turned back around to face the landscape that used to be whizzing past them, but was now slowing, allowing the family to take in their surroundings. 

it was beautiful.

even after the car stopped, there was silence for once in the journey they had just been through. there were no 'i'm getting the biggest room' or 'i wonder what the neighbours are like' or 'i hope we don't get any strange teachers, i don't think i can cope with another mrs grimshaw.' just silence.

troye took in the vibrant colours around him; the green of neatly mowed grass, the blue of his favourite car, the yellow of the sun as it beamed down onto the pavement that was infront of a house that- to troye's shock- beat his own house back home. 

their new house

"well, steele, i'll be taking that money you owe me." in a playful manner, tyde turned around and held his hand out to steele. making bets in the mellet family was a casual thing they did; whether it be who'd cry on the plane on the way here, or who would come last in a race. (troye will not admit that he lost the latter to sage, no way. he had a slow start. and by slow, he was out of breath after two minutes and had to sit down just incase he fainted.)

"i'm not giving you anything till we're inside- for all we know it could be infested with rats." 

"steele, have you looked around? i don't think there will be any critters in there. besides, even if there were any, it still puts our old house to shame. now give in, big bro; reality is harsh, ain't it?" ever so persistent, tyde laughed as steele muttered a 'god damnit' under his breath and reluctantly pulled out his wallet. 

after six seatbelts were unbuckled, the eager family climbed out of their car and waited for shaun to open the boot in order for them to get their bags. apparently, ten seconds was too long to wait as sage and tyde rushed into the house, laurelle shaking her head yet smiling warmly after them. 

steele nudged troye's shoulder playfully and handed the younger boy bags to take. their parents had already shared out some boxes between themselves and were carrying them inside, following after the two youngest in the family. 

"how are you liking america so far, troye?" steele questioned as he dragged his suitcase up the cobblestone pathway, turning his head slightly to look at the lanky teen carrying his valuables in his backpack.

troye glanced up ahead at the house, hearing sage and tyde, quite frankly, lose their shit. 

"honestly? it's amazing. we've only been in the country for a couple hours, and it already feels like home. pretty crazy, i guess; i regret being miserable about the whole 'we are moving to a country on the other side of the world' thing now."