19 | just friends?

*Arin's POV*
I was still laying my head on his stomach, letting my eyes close and my thoughts roam free.

"Arin," I heard Layton whisper, as if he was going to wake me.

"I'm not asleep you idiot," I chuckled.

"Your phone's buzzing," he said and I got up and grabbed it out of my bag. I forgot that it was still on vibrate from school earlier that day. I checked caller ID, and it was my dad.

A:hello?
D:hi, Arin. How was school?
A:good, I guess. We won the game, so make sure to call up Joey later if you get the chance.
D:already have, I'm so proud of you two.
A:why are you proud of me? I mean, I know that eating a whole pizza by yourself is a talent, but not something your dad's exactly proud of (laughs).
D:well I just got a call from the director's board of the CreekView, and they want you to tryout! Unheard of, but they said that they really want you to consider.
~pause~
A:daddy if this is some sick joke, you're a horrible person right now.
D:no joke, they've been considering you since your last game last year, and finally got approval to sign you on!
A:oh my god! That's crazy! Is it for here or away?
D:for now, you'll tryout here, but if they want you in a couple of months, they'll have you relocate.
A:when's the tryout?
D:next week, I'll text you the number of the director's board, call in and tell them if you're gonna try out or not.
A:of course I am! I'd be insane not to!
D:well I gotta go, your mother and I's plane is boarding, stay out of trouble this weekend, same goes for your brother.
A:we will, don't worry.
D:alright, I'll talk to you later, love you.
A:love you too, have a safe flight!

I hung up, and was practically shaking.

"What was that about? You look like you're having a seizure," Layton laughed.

"CreekView wants me to try out next week," I bit my lip. I didn't know what reaction I would get from him, because the scouts from the game were from CreekView, and I wasn't even playing, and got a call back.

"That's amazing! I'm so proud of you, kitten. I'm sure you'd make it, you're better than most of the guys on the team, it won't be a hard choice to make," he grinned, looking genuinely happy for me.

"You're not mad?" I asked.

"Why would I be mad? If I can't play, then I'm really glad that you can," he smiled.

"You'll get a call back, it hasn't even been a day yet! Took me a year since I last played for me to get approved, since you're already approved, you'll get a call in a few days, a week tops," I smiled.

"Hoping so."

~•~•~•~•~•~•~

It was now nearing 8:45pm, and Layton and I had just gotten home from Alia's. She wasn't that sick, just a small head cold, but she assured me that she would be at the party with me tomorrow night, because we never go to parties separated, that's when bad things happen.

Luc was now over, and we did our regular regimen of me making popcorn and every other snack I could find, and him choosing some movie for us to watch on Netflix. We had these movie nights a lot, and just us two mostly, because we never got to hang out anymore since we were always with the group.

"Hey loser, hurry up I'm starting the movie," I heard Luc yell from upstairs.

I grabbed the big bowl of popcorn and a little red vines box, and took the stairs 2 at a time before I reached my room.

"What're we watching tonight?" I jumped onto my bed next to him and spilled some popcorn in the process.

"Scream 4, where we left off," he grinned. We had been having marathons of the scream movies, so we could move onto the TV series afterwards. "You have popcorn in your hair by the way," he added. I gave him a confused look, and brushed through my hair, not feeling any popcorn.