15 | I want never gets?

*Arin's POV*
It was now the end of the day, thank god, and detention was over. Layton had left to go to the locker rooms, because the game was about to start.

I waited by my locker for Alia to meet up with me after she gets out of her last period class, so we can go to the game together.

"Hey," Alia smiled brightly at me, showing off her naturally bleached, perfectly aligned-never-needed-braces smile.

"Hey, you ready for the game?" I asked as we started to walk down the crowded hallway towards the back of the school. This was a home game, so the game was gonna be on the back football field.

"Yeah, but I wanna tell the guys good luck before again, they're really stressing," she rolled her bottom lip into her mouth and pursed her lips in thought.

"Same, we can just walk down to them when we get there, they should have some time to talk, I heard that the other team's running late," I said, while pushing the big grey steel door open to the stadium.

It was a chillier day outside, so I'm glad that I decided to wear jeans instead of a skirt or shorts like I usually would on game days.

Upon entrance to the stadium, I saw that the guys were warming up on the field already, the other team nowhere to be seen though.

My eyes instantly darted to Joey, Josh and Luc, and they spotted me and Alia too as we were the only ones in the crowd wearing jerseys with familiar numbers sprawled across our shirts.

They waived us down just as Layton approached them and his eyes waived over to me and Alia making our way down to the field.

"Hey, where's the other team?" Alia asked as we finally got to the guys.

"Their bus broke down or something, they're on their way though," Josh explained. Alia and the guys went off talking, and I just went on my phone.

"My jersey looks really hot on you," I felt Layton come up behind me and whisper. I turned around to face him and pushed his face away with my hand.

"Grabby aren't ya," he winked.

"So you nervous for the game?" I asked changing the subject.

"No, I'll probably make in 3 run ins by halftime," he shrugged off and I almost laughed in his face.

"You're cocky, but I highly doubt that," I rolled my eyes.

"What? Don't you believe in my amazing receiving skills?" He smirked.

"No, I really don't. Yeah, you're an okay player, but 3 touchdowns before halftime is near impossible since the score usually ends up below 28 since you're playing one of the best teams in the state. There's no way 3 of those TDs would be yours, especially before halftime," I chuckled softly.

"Wanna bet on it?" He smirked.

"Not after last time," I muttered.

"C'mon, if you're so confident that I won't make 3 run ins in 24 minutes, what've you got to lose?" He pointed out.

"What're you betting?" I raised an eyebrow at him. There was no way he would score that many goals in that short of time. It's practically unheard of, so maybe I didn't have anything to lose.

"If you win, and I can't score 3 before first half is over, then I'll take you up on that offer for being your little minion and run errands and shit for a week. If I happen to win, then I get to kiss you whenever, without asking permission, and without you punching me in the face afterwards," he smirked. "Although, I think that that won't be so bad for you after all," he finished off.