Prologue

{main characters in media slot}

I remember last summer vividly. I spent all of the 2 1/2 months sulking in my room, crying about the bad things in life, while stuffing my face with delivery pizza and just about any other food I could find.

I couldn't believe how stupid I was, falling for someone I knew would end up hurting me.

But I fell anyways, and when I say fell, I mean jumped onto the love boat and sailed away, living my life carefree.

But then he pushed me off the edge, making me fall into the water, and drown myself in heartbreak.

It was all just some bet to him, he didn't care at all.

And my best friends?

They all knew about it, and didn't say shit. That's what really got to me, deep under my skin, making me want to do the unthinkable.

In a short span of a few hours, I had gone from the happiest girl alive, submerged in young, puppy love, to a cold-hearted bitch who didn't give two fucks anymore.

Even though I moped around for my whole summer, due to the fact that I'd lost all of my friends and so called "boyfriend," I was as angry as anyone.

My blood boiled at night, gears cranking in my head, thinking of ways to be the heartbreaker.

The one who toys around, has their fun, and doesn't get hurt.

With that, the 'rules of a heartbreaker' was created.

My rules stated the following;
Rule #1: Have your fun. When you're done with them, be the first to drop them.

Rule #2: Don't get attached to someone you know you can lose.

Rule #3: Wear your heart out of reach. Don't let anything of a guy swoon you, or you'll be in some deep shit.

Rule #4: Look your best at all times. Always leave them wanting more, but never give.

Rule #5: Make peace with your past, so it doesn't disturb your present. Yes you got hurt, but never again.

Rule #6: What other people think of you is none of your business. You signed up for this life, own up to it while they're all still sobbing on their beds, watching The Notebook and cradling a box of tissues.

Rule #7: Time heals almost everything, give it time. If you feel guilty about hurting a guy, don't be. They wouldn't feel guilty, so why should you? Stop being such a softie.

Rule #8: No one is in charge of your happiness except you.

Rule #9: Stop thinking too much and have fun. No more worrying about when to text back, what to say, how to look...

Rule #10: Smile. You don't own all of the problems in the world, and this is your least to worry about.

And with that ladies and gentlemen, I give you the key to happiness when it comes to love, and it's absolutely worry free.

I was done with being the one girl who was always feeling depressed, feeling sorry for herself.

Nope, not anymore.

Because as of last summer, I'm the heartbreaker. I've locked my heart away, and out of reach, guaranteeing no harm can come to me.