Chapter Twenty Five- Under His Nose Part Two

As morning came early, I awoke to find Vincent asleep beside me. It was so incredibly heavenly to see him beside me. It gave me a glimpse of what it would be like if we were truly a real couple. But as I laid there, the ring on my hand caught my attention. The diamond always seemed to make me doubt everything. Not because of a vow I made or because of the expensive nature of said ring, but instead, the fact of my name belonging to another.

I moved toward the bathroom to prolong my happiness and think only of a happy future. Using my most bubbly soap, I placed it in my hand and scrubbed hard on my body before shaving. I slid my hand over my just shaved skin-making sure I didn't miss any lines or patches. I then did my arms then lower abdomen, slightly between my thighs before I shut the water off and went back to bed with Vincent. I fell into a deep sleep and awoke several hours later as the afternoon was far established.

I heard the shower going once more, and entered the bathroom to find it to be Vincent. His boxers sat neatly on the floor as I saw the bare backside of the man who I saw as a model of the perfect man. His dark hair was going through his fingers as he was washing it and I decided to get my strength before joining him-knowing he took all my energy-in the best way...

Moving to the kitchen, I searched the cupboards and the fridge and found fruit and a yogurt and placed them together quickly before chowing down. I took little time before looking through my phone and seeing the time. Two in the afternoon and this was the laziest day I had had in years! Aside from the days I would stay in bed with Chase all night and day-discussing the wedding. That was when everything was-what I thought-perfect.

As I finished the final bite of the banana, the front door had a key inserted as it began to turn. I gasped before keeping the peel on the counter and running up the stairs, tripping as I moved, I entered the bathroom and got into the shower with Vincent. I pushed him down so Chase could not see his silhouette in the shower curtain.

"My darling, starting without me?"

"I have to go to the diner, I'm just taking a quick shower." I stated before suddenly, Vincent's lips traveled up my leg.

"Come on, I don't need more than five minutes. It's been a long trip..."

"I'm okay. I'll be out soon. I promise."

"Okay. I'll take you out for dinner tomorrow to make it up to you."

"Okay." I said trying to calm my words as his lips and tongue were now between my legs. "Stop." I whispered as my hands gripped his damp hair-making it more messed up than intended.

I threw my head back before biting my lip hard-not to make a noise. I quickly found a release and gripped the shower to show it. Vincent smirked as he looked up at me and wiped his mouth. He hadn't finished showering when I shut off the water, just to show him how aggravated I was at him for pushing the limits too close. But I realized I was just as much to blame, since I didn't lock the door...

Vincent eventually snuck out from the apartment and left me with Chase, demanding I keep my phone on my side at all times. I then slept beside the enemy that night, plotting ways in my head to get him back for trying to kill the man I love...