One

Hushed whispers break the darkness. By the slow beeping of my surroundings I guess I am in a hospital. I try to open my eyes but they're sealed shut. The whispers continue.

"Poor girl. She's left all alone." A female voice says.

"Agreed. Have we heard back from the rest of her family yet?" A male voice asks.

"Yes, we heard back from her uncle. Says he'll be here tomorrow." The woman replies back.

I try to open my eyes again and this time, it works. The room slowly comes to focus. I'm in a hospital bed under a thin scratchy blanket. Two figures stand on either side of the bed; one in a nurses outfit, and one in a lab coat.

The woman looks at me with a smile.

"How are you feeling, Miss James?" She asks.

"Who? Are You talking to me?"

"Why yes dear, can you not remember?"

"She must be suffering from memory loss, we might have to check your brain and see how bad it is." The male says, writing on his clipboard.

"I have memory loss! How bad do you think it will be?" I ask the doctor.

"It's hard to say, we can do a scan today if you'd like."

"I'd like that."

"Very well. I'll see you in a little while to check up on you Mady." The doctor say and leaves the room.

"How bad are my injures?" I ask the nurse.

"Not that bad from what we checked. You have a few broken bones, other than your head I'd say it is a miracle your actually alive."

I just nod and stare out into space.

"It's almost time for dinner, do you want to come down to the cafeteria or do you want to stay here."

I want more than anything to get out of this room.

"Yes, I want to go to the cafeteria."

"Great, I'll be back with your wheelchair" And with that she was off.

+*+*+

My plate was barely eaten, aside from the green beans and jello. The rest of my time spent was in silence.

The realization hit me, I have no parents, I am an orphan.

×*×*×*×

Chapter one is finished! I hope all of you enjoyed, please like, follow, and or comment.-M

Memory of Surfingजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें