Imagine... Breaking up with Sam

"Sam, can I talk to you?" You walked into his room with your head down. It had taken you forever to finally make this decision. You decided it was better if things were this way, not as many people would get hurt.
"Yeah Y/N," Sam smiled and sat down. You walked over and sat next to him and took his hand.
"I've been thinking, the other day I almost lost you to that stupid vampire," you spoke softly.
"Y/N," you could tell Sam was getting nervous.
"I couldn't live with myself if you died and being together just makes the chance of one of us dying, bigger," you explained.
"No, Y/N you're not," Sam's smile faded.
"I don't think we can be together anymore," a tear ran down your face.
"No we can be together, I've lost every single person I love, I can't lose you too," he said.
You continued, "No Sam, it's better this way I swear. I could never live with myself if I saw you die in my arms. I just couldn't."
"I'm not letting you leave," he said.
"Okay, then I won't leave," you responded.
"Really," Sam's smile came back.
"Yeah," you smiled.

That night you fell asleep in Sam's arms. You woke up and carefully gathered your things, "I love you," you said as you kissed Sam's forehead, "I really do." And with that you picked up your bags and quietly left the room. Aware that you would never see Sam again once you left.