Chapter 6

AMELIA

"Sweetheart, you need to sit down and listen for a while." Mom said with a nervous look and tone. "Or maybe change first." Mom changed her mind, noticing that we just came from the beach.

After changing, I sit next to mom and Matt, facing the couple.

"Sweetheart, they're Alexandra and Christopher Forbes." Mom introduced, motioning to them with her arm.

They stuck out their hands and I shook them.

"Nice to finally see you again, Amelia." Christopher beamed.

"I don't mean to be rude, but do I know you?"

"Honey, we're your," Alexandra starts, but was quickly cut by mom.

"Amelia, they're your," She pauses, taking a deep breath. "real parents." Mom, or maybe not, spoke hesitantly.

I pause for minute, looking at the couple in front of us.

"Is this a joke?" I harshly say.

"Sweetheart, I'm sorry I didn't tell you, but I just didn't know,"

"How to tell the truth?!" I snapped, cutting her explanation before running to my room, Matt following me.

"So," Matt sat next to me on the edge of my bed.

"Why are you even here." I say coldly.

"Why, milady, you obviously need comfort."

"I never asked for your pity."

"So? I'm your best friend. I'll always be here for you."

Instead of thinking of a comeback, my thoughts drifted to mom, or Linda, and the couple downstairs, my eyebrows still knotted together in a frown.

I was in deep thought until a pillow was playfully thrown at me.

"What are you doing?" I threw the pillow back at him.

"I dunno. I'm bored." He shrugged, grinned mischievously and then hit me with the pillow again.

"You are such a girl!" I can't help but grin, taking the pillow next to me to hit him back.

"Take that back or suffer!" He demands in a funny authoritarian voice.

"Never!" I cry for freedom, making him chase me around like crazy.

He, being the faster one, eventually caught me, carried me over his shoulder, making me hit his lean back, and then put me down on the bed.

Oh no.

I started laughing hysterically while trying my very best to wiggle out of his hold as Matt attacked me with torturous tickles.

"Will you take back what you said now?" he grinned, continuing to tickle me.

"N.. Ne.. Never!" I shouted in between laughs.

Thankfully, he finally stopped tickling me and I sat up from the bed, seeing Linda by the door.