Chapter 4

AMELIA

I only had a week to stay here in Hudson. School was already done and summer's coming. I should be happy that summer's here but instead I'm fretting over the fact that we're gonna move. I mean, we've just been here for 4 years and now we're moving again.

I decide to meet with Monique to tell her the bad news so I text her.

Hey Monique. Meet me at the mall. Let's have lunch there.

Waited for a very short moment until her reply came.

Sure. See you there. X

—-

It took me 45 minutes of sitting and waiting for my girl best friend until I finally heard her voice.

"Amy!" she greeted me with a hug. "Why lunch all of a sudden?" she asked.

"I'll tell you when we're done eating."

"We're moving." I finally say when we were both done.

"What?!" Monique shrieked.

As expected.

"Mom told me yesterday but she won't tell me why."

"So you're gonna leave this town? And me? And Matthew?"

"Uh... Yeah. That's what's moving is." I said in a duh tone. "I don't want to leave you guys." I finally added, tears forming at the corner of my eyes.

Monique then went to my side and hugged me ever so tightly, making the tears come rushing down.

"It's going to be alright." She says so surely and rubs my back, trying to comfort me.

—-

MATTHEW

Knock. Knock.

"It's Matthew." I say while knocking at the door of the Grey residence, tapping my feet due to restlessness, I was so excited to tell her the news!

The doors open, revealing a Linda instead of an Amelia. "Matthew! Haven't seen you in a long time. Amelia's not here and I don't know when she'll be home too." She greets me warmly.

"Oh, Okay. I just have something to tell her and you too."

"Really? Come in then."

I came in and walked to sit on their couch in the living room which I was very familiar with.

When Linda was also sat at their other couch, I start to bring up the 'topic' I wanted to talk about.

"So.. I heard you were moving." I started casually.

"Yup. We are. I know it would be hard for Amelia to leave you and her other friends, but we really need to."

"I know. That's why I came here. I wanted you both to know," I inhale, already planned to say the next phrase in one breath, "My parents allowed me to stay with you both." I add swiftly through one exhaled breath.

"Did I just hear what I heard?"

"I said, my parents allowed me to stay with you both, I mean, if it's okay with you." I stated clearly. "I can pay rent and stuff, I can work with the chores," I start to plead.

"How did you make your parents approve of this?" Linda asks, cutting my plead, astonished.

"They yelled and screamed, a lot, and then I explained and explained, a lot. Nothing I couldn't handle." I said coolly as if it was the most normal thing a teenage guy would do. "So, is it okay with you, Linda?"

"Uh, sure. Okay." She answers with an unsure tone, raising her eyebrow at me in an evaluating manner.

"Really? Thank you!" I spoke with excitement. "How much is the rent?" I kindly ask.

"There would be none of that, you silly boy." Linda shakes her head at me, chuckling.

"Thank you very much, Linda! I can't wait to tell Amelia."

But what if she didn't want me to go? Oh crap, I'm getting nervous. Nervous, but still excited.

—-