Chapter 24-- He's Still Mine (cleaned)

Start from the beginning

We walked until we reached a set up just like Marry Ann's living room. Two couches on opposite side of a low wooden coffee table.

''Please, sit.'' Loriena gestured to the fur covered couches.

We all took a seat, Ivana and myself on one side and Loriena on the other staring intently at Ivy.

''Would you like a drink ma'am?'' a young woman stood beside her.

''No, but my guests would like one.''

The young woman -probably twenty- turned her soft welcoming smile to us expectantly.

''Water with lemon for both of us please.'' Ivy smiled back and I nodded in agreement.

We received our water a short time later with the same warm smile from the woman and a motherly look from Loriena to Ivy.

''So how did you get out? I mean, I didn't think...I-I thought you were...'' she stuttered out.

''Dead?'' Ivy filled in like it was nothing as she took a sip from her lemon water.

''Yes'' she dropped her head.

''I was.''

Loriena lifted her head and gave Ivy a questioning glance which I also sent her way.

''All I was doing was being. I wasn't living. I was stuck in a cave by myself all these years and the only time I saw light was when I had to do Ezra's dirty work that she, or her dogs, couldn't do.''

There was no emotion in her voice at all. As if it was the most common and natural experience in anyone's life.

''Oh my poor-'' Ivy cut her off by lifting her hand.

''I was dead until I had a dream. I dreamt of the wolf that saved my sister. But this wolf was different. This wolf was pure white.'' She turned and smiled comfortingly at me like she had always done since we met.

''That's not possible.'' Loriena turned her shocked gaze to me then back to Ivy.

''That's what I thought. He's sixteen so it doesn't match up, but he is. I'm certain of it.'' Ivy gave Loriena a determined looked which she returned for her to continue.

'' Ezra started talking about a wolf... a special one. One who was born with an Alpha for a sister.One who would help and serve her as much as me. I never wanted anyone to suffer this much. So when I was still dreaming of Aiden I was sure it was him she was talking about.

I only had a few more salts and potions left but I transported to Aiden in the Eastern Kingdom to warn him but it was too late... Ezra found his location and the rogues had his scent. I couldn't do anything... so I put Aiden in a coma to make his heart slow to almost stop so it was like he was dead but it was too late. Someone came for Aiden and we were moving from the caves in the West to the Central Kingdom and then to the Eastern.''

''I remember that...Jayce, he came and got me but I was only conscious for a few minutes and then nothing until the cave.'' I looked at the floor trying to remember anything else.

Ivy placed a comforting hand on my shoulder and continued.

''Warren, Ezra's head rogue, was in charge of keeping us in the cave but he was beating Aiden... even with his healing it was beyond help and I used the last of my salts. On the final night Warren... he tried to show Aiden a lesson because he was protecting me from him. He was going to... and he was going to make me watch. '' She shook her head and tightened her grip on my shoulder.

I didn't want to remember. I didn't want to. The thought of what could have happened had me cowering away from Loriena's expecting gaze.

''Warren's dead.'' Ivy confirmed.