Limbo Limbo Limbo

C h i l o m b o, E f u r u

"Hey Tiana!" I greeted as I walked into the apartment.

It had been almost a month since we were in the apartment together. I was either at school, work or Robyn's house. When I did stop by the apartment, it was to get clothes and I would head right back out. I hadn't thought getting into a relationship with Robyn would cause me to be so distant with my family and friends. I didn't like not talking to them for so long.

"Hm." Tiana looked at me and went back to scrolling through her phone. I frowned at the action.

"How have you been?" I asked. "It's been a while since we were both home.." I tried to spark a conversation but she gave me the cold shoulder instead. I sighed. "Are you going to ignore me?"

"You didn't make time for me while you've been rubbing pussies with Rihanna." She locked her phone and gave me her full attention. "You finally get a lil attention and forget who your friends were in the beginning.... Isn't it weird that she had her tongue on my clit just a few weeks before you got with her? Don't you know that after she gets tired of you, she's gonna go find her a new chick."

I shook my head. I bit the inside of my cheek as I just stared at her. I hated arguing and fighting, but I couldn't let her talk to me like this. I took a deep breath as I got my thoughts in order. "I don't need you sticking your nose in shit that doesn't concern you." I looked slightly above her eyes as I spoke.

"At least you grew a backbone while with the bitch." Tiana laughed. "You'll feel real dumb after she leaves your ass.." Tiana stood and walked to her room, shutting the bedroom door behind her.

I went into my room and packed more of my clothes. I had closed the suitcase before sitting on my bed.

I was losing my friends because I still hadn't figured out how to balance my relationships. I spent all my free time with Robyn and when Robyn was busy, I would be scheduling times to see Namiko.

I'd use to talk to my best friend 4 or 5 times a day. Now, it's 2 or 3 times a week.

"Hey baby." I greeted as I walked into Robyn's house. I put my suitcase by the staircase and wrapped my arms around Robyn's neck. She gave me a few pecks on my lips.

"Hey." She smiled.

My phone began to ring. I pulled it out of my back pocket.

"Hey Gia." I greeted over the phone.

"Look, a few of us are going out tonight. It's been forever since we did something together. I'll pick you up at 8." Gia explained.

"I don't kno-"

"Really Jhené? You can't spare one fucking night for your best friend?" Gia spat into the phone. "When Chris and I got together didn't I still make time for you. I told him that I always had to be there for you. I managed my time with the both of you so that everyone got Gia time. Why can't you do the same for me?" Gia asked.

"I'm sorry. I'm really trying." I moved out of Robyn's hold and walked over to the couch to sit down.

"If you're really trying then come out with us. It shouldn't be a big deal..." Gia huffed.

"Okay, okay. Just call me when you're on your way." I sighed.

"Great!" I could hear the excitement in her voice. "Byeeee." She sang into my ear before hanging up.

"What's wrong?" Robyn asked. She had sat beside me on the couch.

"Nothing. Gia just wants to spend time with me tonight." I explained. "She says we haven't had girls night since I started dating you."

"Oh." Robyn nodded. "I didn't mean to get in the way of y'all friendship. You can go out tonight." Robyn kissed me softly.

I smiled. "Thanks." I kissed her quickly.

"What time she coming?" Robyn asked.

"8."

I bit my lip at the smirk tugging at her lips. "We've got a few hours before then..." She licked her lips. I laughed as she pushed me into a laying position on the couch and moved around until she was between my legs.

-

"Really..." I sighed as we walked into the strip club. "Why couldn't we go to a normal club where people kept their clothes on." I shook my head.

"Those are boring." Gia waved me off as we went to a couch near the stage.

"Why did you reserve such a big section for just the two of us?" I asked.

"It's not just us. Jamila's coming. She invited Tiana too. I don't know why but whatever." Gia explained.

I nodded, masking the discomfort I felt from hearing Tiana's name. "Might as well order a few shots for just the two of us." I suggested. The night would go easier if I got a little alcoholic courage.

You know that feeling you get when you know something bad is going to happen... Yeah well I made a very dumb decision to drink until the feeling went away. I couldn't have fun with Gia if I was paranoid the entire time.

"Hey, can I talk to you?" Tiana asked after a few more rounds of  shots. They had arrived shortly after Gia and I took our third shot.

I nodded and followed her to the bathrooms.

"Look, I wanna apologize for what I said to you earlier. It was out of line and I was just upset that we weren't spending time together anymore." She said.

"It's okay. I'm sorry for not making time for all of you." I smiled sadly at her.

"Can we just stop the fighting and be cool again?" She asked.

I nodded. "Of course." I grinned.

"That's great." She pulled me into a warm hug. I hugged her back. She stepped back a few seconds later and looked into my eyes. She moved some of my hair out of my face and leaned in.

Her lips pressed against mine. I stood frozen in my spot as the bathroom door opened and closed.

What the hell?