Chapter 5

After a few minutes of recuperation and some sour grumbles about how Taylor ruined their moment, Normani willed herself to get up out of the bed begrudgingly because she realized her phone was outside on the kitchen counter.

After a short trip to the bathroom she got dressed and headed into the living room where her girlfriend and her blonde bestie had already commenced their abnormal friendship rituals.

"Hey Mani," Taylor beamed from her place on the couch where she and Camila where snacking on some green apples and peanut butter

"What's up Goldilocks?" Normani greeted headed to the kitchen and grabbed her phone off the counter.

"How was your nap?" The blond asked with an insinuating emphasis on the final word. "Camila says you're a pretty heavy sleeper."

Normani chuckled, unphased and looked to Camila who was guiltily avoiding all eyes as she typed away on her laptop.

"Extremely satisfying,"The dark skinned girl replied with a suggestive bounce of her brows that resulted in a face of immediate disgust from the blue eyed girl.

The couple laughed at the discomfort that Taylor had clearly brought upon herself.

"You always go after her and it's always the same result." Camila concluded with a smile as she shook her head. "You can't make Normani uncomfortable it's virtually impossible."

"Well maybe if my bestfriend wasn't always lying to me, I wouldn't have to pretend I believed her B.S," Bright blue eyes playfully glared at her best friend.

"You can't handle the truth." Normani chimed in from where she was seated on the granite kitchen counter. "But if you want the truth I can give you an explicitly detailed play by play."

The blonde's blue eyes went wide at the statement because Normani was never one to stray from her word. The darkskinned women was crass with no filter and Taylor was as straight as the sun was bright. The completely o sweet natured & passive aggressive love of her life.

"Nope. Nope. I'm fine. Lying works. Who was complaining agaon?", Taylor quickly changed her mind causing the couple to erupt in laughter once again.

"So what's your article about?", Normani queried as she walked back to the bedroom to grab a pair of sandals.

"It's a piece on the realities of conversion therapy." Camila responding proudly, happy to have the subject be switched from her and Normani's sex life.

"Enlighten me." Normani gazed at her girlfriend, eyes flooded with pride.

Camila had a very popular column on her companies website. What began as a way to prove herself to her boss, resulted in a growing fanbase and a solid platform, which Camila used to voice her opinion on anything and everything she felt her readers needed to know.

The younger woman had an uncanny talent for captivating the minds of the one hundred and forty character generation and keeping their intrest peaked for a hundred thousand characters more.

"In some cases they go as far as inducing paralysis in the person being 'treated' while showing homoeroctic images to them."