Chapter 1

Spraying herself with her tropical coconut body mist and slipping on a no zip hoodie carefully, Emerald got ready to head out on the floor again. The amateur night competition was going on now, and the dressing room was buzzing with excitement from the dancers commenting on things like the size of the crowd, who they think will win the bets and other miscellaneous topics.

With the post performance adrenaline pumping through her veins, Lauren was still filled with excitement. Other dancers approached her and crowded around her asking if she saw any of the competitors and what they looked like.

They laughed till they had tears in there eyes as they discussed past amateur night disaster cases. Everything from women falling off the poles to accidentally stepping off the stage.

From her brightly lit corner of the dressing room, Allyson, our makeup artist replied to her. "Seven of the girls walked out after you guys."

Emerald always liked Allyson. She may be the size of a leprechaun but her big and sassy fast paced, New-Yorker personality made up for it.

"Aww babe, you watched me leave the room?", Emerald turned around, leaning against the counter with crossed arms and smirking at the older woman.

Laurens POV

Ally didn't look up at me because she was too focused gluing false lashes onto the dancer that was now in the makeup chair. Fuchsia was her stage name I think. She was a pretty middle-eastern chick with hazel eyes and an ass to die for.

"My attention was fixed on Dinah's ass to be honest", I could hear the smile in Ally's voice. Dinah Jane, who was on her phone looked up and winked in Ally's direction. Even Fuchsia was grinning and I frowned immediately.

"You can kiss my ass Hernandez.", I shot playfully.

"Every night like clockwork darling", the MUA(make-up artist) completed her uninhibited "flirting" with a few kissing sounds from her lips and I grinned.

The aspiring make-up artist worked here a few times a week now. She used to work here every single night. That B.S overly bubbly and optimistic personality she uses for her possible employers (and the quality of her work of course) has really gotten her far. Ally's making it big now thanks to the girls here and I had to say I was proud of the shorter woman.

"I'm taking floor", I announced,mostly for Dinah. Four girls had already left the room since I'd walked in and I knew that we had to even out the number of girls on the floor to a friendly dozen. I also knew that no other dancers in this dressing room would challenge my authority.

My point was proven as one of the six girls left that was walking towards the door, ready to go out , stopped abruptly in her stilletoed tracks and sat back down where I assumed her g-strung behind was seated before.

Dinah only nodded in response.

Only lapdances were allowed during the duration of the competition and Dinah had more of a niche for the stage, where she remained invincible and untouchable. I on the other hand, didn't mind putting in the extra work at this point in time. Celeste was growing up fast and she was taking a huge toll on my finances.

I would give thirty lapdances a night it kept me away from having to move back in with that abusive bastard I once swore I loved.

Dinah knew it extremely well also...being as we were best friends as well as housemates. So she let me take the last floor spot, knowing how much I needed it.

As soon as I stepped outside raunchy whistles filled the air, most of their substance was lost to the loud music that the DJ was playing. About half of the men in the room trailed me with their eyes before the DJ spoke up again and took their attention.