Aaron's fingers were always so soft. "What are you thinking so hard about?" He whispered.

"You," She accidently blurted out. Crap, crap, crap.

Aaron raised his eyebrows at that. "I mean like - like your - your metabolism!" Rose was desperate.

"My metabolism?" Aaron asked, looking at her weirdly. "And what about it?"

"Umm, it must be good metabolism," Rose concluded, gulping down a quiet swallow. "Like really good."

Aaron's confused stare didn't falter. "And how would you know?"

Breathe, breathe, breathe. "Umm, good question. It - uh- takes a lot more than it might meet the eye." Rose was trying to make anything up.

But Aaron wasn't going to let it go. "Which is?"

Think, think, think. "Your hair!" Rose was surprised they were still having this conversation. "It's your hair,"

"And how does that not meet the eye?"

"Umm," Think, think, think. "Because texture and density are physical quantities." Rose doubts she ever saw Aaron as confused as now.

But Aaron being as unpredictable as he was, he laughed.

And to Rose, it was always beautiful each time.

"So while your parents are down preparing dinner, and while we were just discussing about Great Expectations, we turn the subject by a 360 degree angle and talk about my metabolism that is proven through my hair?" Aaron looked like he was going to laugh until his throat hurt. Rose wasn't even aware she was smiling as wide as she was.

"Yes, so it seems." She replied.

Aaron's fingers were now on her shoulders. She was trying to breathe normally. "You're weird." He told her.

She exhaled the breath through her nose. "You told me that before,"

Aaron smiled lightly. "And I mean it as much as I did then,"

Rose scowled. "Gee, thanks for the compliment."

He hummed against her. Closed his eyes. "You're welcome."

Rose leaned into him, letting out a small breath. "You're really comfortable you know?" She could feel his fingers on the ends of her hair. "Like you feel like the world's fluffiest teddy bear."

"For fuck's sake,"

●●●

Rose's hair was tied up in a bun.

It became so hot in the room (Even though the air conditioner was on) that Rose didn't want to deal with the hassle her hair was making.

But Aaron seemed to think otherwise.

His hands were always in her hair; the tips of his fingers playing with the ends of her blonde locks Rose missed to tie in the bun.

"It's hot," She pointed out. It has been roughly half an hour, and Rose's parents were still in the kitchen.

Aaron nodded. "I know,"

She could feel his fingers toy with the band of the hair tie. "You look nice," He told her, mindlessly carrying on with playing with her hair. He then drew his fingers back, almost in caution that he didn't want her to feel uncomfortable.

The moment his fingers left her hair, her bun became undone. Aaron chuckled lightly.

"Let me," He whispered to her before she could grab her hair band.