Chapter 13

• Opgedragen aan Danielle Nel

A/n: Here's the new chapter, I hope you enjoy. I f you don't mind leaving a comment for me I'd really aprieciate it. Do you like the new characters, I hope you do.

Luv: Blondypops

Chapter 13. A Rogue and his Mate

Rogue’s POV:

I stepped over the lifeless body of the burly guard. I had one motto in life and I stuck to it no matter what; everything is MY way!!! I laughed at the little boy standing in front of me, he was trembling in fear. I had obviously just ripped his father to shreds. I knelt on the floor and brushed my knuckles over this young ones cheek and smiled. I picked him up and put him on my hip and ran out of the prison without as much as a sound. I took the boy because I felt the need to, so I acted upon that impulse. After a while of walking with the sleeping prince on my hip, I caught the scent of a powerful being, even more powerful than the alpha. I followed it until I came across a small house across from what looked like a school. I looked in the windows and saw 3 young girls dancing. I could see in their movements that they were super-naturals and that’s when I saw the most beautiful girl in the world but I noticed that she was human. I had never felt like this before and I realized that she was my soulmate. It was now sunrise and I had to find shelter soon or the wolves would find me. I looked back in the window and looked at one of the other girls, the one with white hair. She looked strangely familiar. I thought back and remembered that I had been one of the rogues that had slaughtered her family. We would have come after her next but that pack of wolves had chased us away and in the end I had been the only one to escape. Now I know where I know this boy, he helped me escape by showing me a secret path. I looked at his little head that was full of pitch black hair, this little boy saved my life. I kissed the little 9 year olds head, thank goodness werewolves age differently to humans otherwise I wouldn’t be-able to carry him. I saw an abandoned shack like building next to the school and sprinted over. When I entered I noticed that it was an old store room but decided that it would do for now. I made a bed for the sleeping prince out of old floor mattresses and gently put him down. I paced the room, trying to think. I noticed a few useful odds and ends and hatched a brilliant plan, a plan to get my mate to notice me.

Melody’s POV: We were having so much fun until I fell because something had distracted me and I danced into the couch. We were laughing like mad at my clumsiness. We stopped laughing and decided to clean up because we had plans for today. After picking up the last piece of junk that had miraculously landed on the floor, we went to get dressed. I am human so I was shocked when I saw Kat cleaning her elongated canines but shrugged it off. I put on my jeans and new BVB t-shirt but struggled putting my boots on. As soon as I had finished getting ready we all walked outside. I decided to text my boyfriend and ask him how his dad was but I noticed that I didn’t have reception. I sighed and the girls looked at me with looks of concern. I explained to them how Chase’s dad was in hospital with an unknown disease. “It’s tragic but let’s not dwell on the negative; we’re here to have fun.” They were still staring but with small crooked smiles this time. “What,” why were they staring? After a minute of silence Josy said “You’ve got the cutest accent.” I blushed before Fiona gave a small giggle and pushed us out of the front yard where her car was standing. I looked at it hoping that we would all be-able to fit but in the end we managed. “Where are we going?” No answer they just giggled and turned up the radio. Soon the Carly Rae Jepson song; ‘Call Me Maybe’ came on and everybody groaned. After a while we were singing along and you could probably hear us from the North Pole but we didn’t care. We had reached our destination and when I looked out of the window all I could see was a beautiful lake surrounded by a thick forest. I immediately took off my shoes to feel the cool grass underneath my feet. We ran around and played in the water for as long as we could but soon we got hungry. Fiona jogged over to the car and Kat went on her phone talking to Jeremy. Josy walked over and sat beside me nest to the water, ‘I know she’s a witch but she seems so normal’ I thought to myself. She gave a cute chuckle before confessing that she can read minds. I blushed again and struck up a conversation that was short lived because Fiona had already set up the whole picnic and Katrina had helped her. We ate lunch and packed up after finishing a delicious cake. But before we could leave Katrina said “I’ll meet you there in a while I just have to do something quick.” We all agreed on meeting her back at Fiona’s house but I couldn’t help but notice a frown on the other girls’ faces which brought one to my face. I watched as Kat walked into the forest and saw some-one in the bushes. She started talking to them and a tear fell down her cheek. Josy put a hand on my shoulder which made me relax a bit, “She’ll be alright, she’s a tough cookie.” Her reassuring smile was contagious and soon we were on our way back to Fiona’s house in a comfortable silence. When we got there we saw Katrina, Jeremy and a strange boy that I had never seen before.