chapter 3

A/n: Hello my awsum readers here's a new chapter for you, sorry that it's late. i've been busy lately. If this chapter isn't as good as the others it's because Ilisten to music when I write and I forgot my favourite cd in the car so I had to listen to a different one. vote comment enjoy

luv Blondypops

Chapter 3. Six years later!

I woke up to another dark cloudy morning just how I liked it because the sun often burnt my skin but at least if I was in the shade I’d be fine. I went downstairs to the kitchen to get some breakfast which usually was either leftovers or cereal and today it was leftover macaroni. I went to go get dressed in my usual black skinny jeans and today I was going to wear my red tight top with my favorite leather jacket and my snow boots because there was a snowy desert outside. When I was finished I snuck outside trying not to wake anyone up and when I was outside the door I locked it and ran to the forest at the edge of town where the remains of my childhood were. I often visited the site of my lost home and every time it brought tears to my eyes but not this time because I no longer had tears to shed. I went home after an hour of my usual exploring. I found the entire household sitting in the living room chatting saying things like “she deserves to know” and “what if she doesn’t believe it” even “if we tell her it could put us and her in danger.” As soon as I walked in, there was complete silence and then Mr. Kainley spoke “Katrina there’s something you should know” I looked at him with a curious look when suddenly Lucy attacked my face with her tongue. After a few minutes of trying to pry Lucy’s tongue away from my face we heard the school bus outside and the twins and I had to rush to get our bags. When the bus arrived at school the twin’s and I ran to our tree at the corner of the school to wait for Jeremy and Fiona. When Fiona and Jeremy finally arrived we went inside to find our lockers and to get to class. I found my locker eventually and noticed that all the lockers had our names on which I was not expecting, I only expected the numbers to be there. I looked at the two lockers next to me and the names were Pieter Crosby (left) and… I looked at the locker on my right with complete shock and wonder the name was Ethan Moonscar. I ended up hurriedly packing my locker but to no avail because my new locker neighbor was standing right next to me. He slammed his locker shut and looked me in the eyes and I noticed it was the same face from all those years ago. I scurried away not sure of what else to do when I accidently bumped into a teacher which if you’ve ever read or watched ‘Harry Potter’ would remind you of Professor Snape. “Where do you think you’re going Miss Moon? Can’t run away from your past can you?” I gathered the courage and glared at him and replied “Why would I run away from my family memories, Professor. Could I not learn from my past?” he was about to reply probably by giving me a death stare and detention but luckily, for me at least, a fight broke out between a bunch of meat-head jocks. I took the opportunity and ran to my next class which was, I looked at my schedule, history. When I entered the class the teacher had already begun the ‘interviews’ as we liked to call it. Fera, the ‘it’ girl of the school was standing in front just about to go into a long speech about how she styled her hair this holiday and I was willing to bet it was neither her first or her last speech. The teacher seemed relieved that there was an excuse to cut Fera’s speech short, “and who might you be” is what she said but her eyes said “thank you so much I was wondering if she’d ever shut-up!” I smiled at her “I’m Katrina Moon…” I was interrupted by Fera “oh look it’s the goth chic or wait was it emo” the whole class looked at me expecting a witty come-back, which I was famous for. “Thank you Miss Hogs’kins, you can take your seat now” I felt like high-fiving her but I knew it would be too inappropriate even for me. “Miss Moon, would you please introduce yourself to the class? Oh, and I’m Miss Sofia Alfeo” I smiled in greetings. “I’m Katrina Elizabeth Moon but my friends call me Kat, I love all types of music and I’m not emo or goth I’m scene because I still like colour just not all the time. I’m a very mysterious and quiet person, I love reading, drawing and writing and don’t care what people say about me. My friends are Jeremy D, Fiona W and Josy and Chris K. I lost my family when I was 8 years old the thing is still a mystery but the police think that it was wolves but I have my own theories.” Thank you Katrina, you can go sit in the back with Mr. Moonscar over there, I looked over to my new seat and to Ethan and when he caught my eye, I immediately looked away. “now that’s all done with I think we should get started don’t you” she asked and the whole classed groaned except Ethan he stayed extremely quiet.. I really liked Miss Alf. As we were told to call her, she was really funny and witty and she didn’t take any nonsense from the delinquents in the class. I had actually enjoyed the day so far until of course last period where professor Hinkens was truly a tormentor and a true sadist. When I got home everyone was already there and sitting in the living room waiting and it seemed as though they were waiting for me.