chapter 4

A/n: I know this chapter is like 5 days late but I am a procrastinator. I know it's not a valid excuse but I just haven't been myself lately but I foud my motivation yesterday. I know it doesn't sound like it would be motivational but I've found a new favourite band but I'm going to keep it to myself. enjoy this new chapter.

luv Blondypops

Chapter 4. “I’m a weird hybrid?”

“So you’re saying I’m some type of weird hybrid” I was utterly confused and when I looked at Josy and Chris they just shrugged. “Yes, but you’re not just any hybrid, you’re a witch and vampire mix. That’s why you burn easily and have abnormal abilities” said Mrs. Kainley. “But how and why? I mean did my parents and Meg know and if they did why didn’t they tell me” I was practically screaming at the last word. “Katrina, they wanted to wait until you were old enough to understand it. We only told Josy and Chris about their heritage yesterday before you got back.” I was shocked that they would hold this back from me especially since it had something to do with it! That’s when something clicked well two things really “you said you told them yesterday, well what did you tell them?” The Kainleys looked at each other and Josy said “we are (sigh) witches… and of course wizards.”  She rushed the last part, “there’s another thing (gulp)” they all looked at me. “When my sister had her party, a white haired boy came and I, I see him in my dreams. Today he was at school and wouldn’t stop staring at me. What’s weird is that he hasn’t aged a day and Josy and Chris didn’t see hm.” Mrs. Kainley looked shocked, she looked at her husband at then at me, “Katrina, I think it’s enough for one night,” she looked at the floor and then back at all of us, “well I’m making pizza for supper tonight. What would you all like” she ended with the largest smile ever. When we finished supper I asked if I could go to the forest and after a slight hesitation they said yes but only if I didn’t go to the weeping willow where I fort used to be. I was tempted to ask why but when I caught the look on Chris’ face I shut-up pretty quickly. When I did leave, eventually, I went to the lake and stared at the water and the nocturnal animals and I thought to myself what kind of powers do I have? As if on cue I got a text from Chris saying that I also might have a unique ability that normal vampires and witches wouldn’t have and I’d have to find it out for myself. I looked at the lake and started to concentrate on the water but nothing happened “well I can’t water bend so I guess avatar was just a cartoon.” I heard a laugh behind me so I whipped my head around and saw Ethan standing there staring at me. I looked away and sat back down under the tree “well are you just going to stand there and stare at me all bloody night!” I heard him walk towards me and I could smell his sweet scent and all I wanted to do was be embraced by his arms. “Snap out of it Kat” I thought to myself thinking about how ridiculous it sounded especially because I just met him. “Just as feisty as you were 8 years ago. It seems as though nothing has changed much” I looked at this crazy person (well at least I thought so). “Nothing changed much with you either” I snickered at the actual meaning. “You’re quite right there little missy.” I scowled at him and realized that I had never actually heard his voice before. It actually sounded quite melodic and southing, I shook my head to get back to the situation at hand but when I looked back he wasn’t even there anymore but there was a note.

Katrina

I’m sorry for leaving so suddenly but I had to. About your powers have you ever tried shape-shifting? Just suggestions but if you do try it try something small. Oh and try it on other objects besides yourself to.

Love Ethan (but you already knew that)

I ran home with too much to think about and when I was in the bath I didn’t even think about the day like I would usually do. I fell into a deep trance like sleep.