Pre-Games Games Part 3

Start from the beginning

"I'm so sorry about last night." He says sounding very sincere. "I had business that I had to take care of, it was really last minute." How can I not forgive those eyes, they look like a puppies!

"I forgive you." I say pulling him into a hug. As I'm hugging him I look at his neck and see that there's a claw like red mark on him. "What's this from?" I ask while pulling away from the hug.

"Oh that that's from, uh, me. Yeah I accidentally scratched my self while I was sleeping." I can see it in his eyes that he's lying, but I don't press him any further. We had only just gotten out of a fight and I didn't want to start a new one.

"So do you wanna go discuss alliances in the control lounge?" Asks Finnick as he slings his left arm around me.

"I don't want to but I have to don't I." I say pretending to sound disappointed.

"Unless you want your tribute to die, which you've expressed you don't want to happen several times, then I suggest you do."

"Fine." I whine. Finnick takes his arm off me and pushes me lightly towards the control room.

When Finnick and I walk into the control room lounge all the other mentors, including Cashmere and Gloss are staring at us.

"Took you two long enough." Says Cashmere more spiteful than usual. Finnick and I take the only two spots left which are on the red love seat which is across from the long couch and beside the arm chair that the female District 4 mentor, whose name I don't know, is sitting on.

"Anyways," Says Brutus. He's always the one who gets down to business. "Usual alliance terms, they stick together until everyone with over a 7 is gone. Deal?"

"I say deal." Says Cashmere. "But how are we supposed to trust Octavia's tribute? She killed my tribute last year."

"That's because she tried to kill me first." I snap back trying not to yell.

"Hey, Tavia was only doing what she had to like all of us did, no grudges remember?" Says Finnick, standing up as he speaks to gain an advantage over Cashmere.

"Look who's talking." Cashmere says laughing. Finnick and I look at each other confused. Why is she laughing? "You're sticking up for her even though she's not interested in you! You're probably just using her for your own personal pleasure while she's probably screwing around with her tribute!" That witch! I'm gonna tear her apart! I smack the coffee table and stand up ready to give her a piece of my mind but before I can Finnick starts to speak.

"We're not together." Finnick says calmly. "And she's not together with her tribute either, I don't know where you would get that idea from."

"Okay everyone calm down." Says Brutus. "Finnick why don't you bring Octavia outside to calm her down and I'll finish up the deal with these guys." Finnick nods and leads me outside by the hand.

"You okay?" He asks once were outside.

"Yeah, I just wanna rip that chick apart!" I shout.

"I know but you can't for Percy's sake. She was trying to push your buttons, to get a reaction out of you. I don't know why, usually she has a reason in her own twisted way, but I have no idea what it is." Finnick says calmly.

"Fine." I spit out. "But I don't have to like her."

"No you don't, but you have to at least pretend. Now what was she saying about you and Percy?" Asks Finnick.

I'm a bit surprised by this question. What am I supposed to say? Do I tell Finnick that I kissed him?

"Uh, well I was, uh-"

"You kissed him didn't you." Says Finnick looking a bit hurt. "I though you said you didn't like him?"

"I don't, but he kinda kissed me and at first I thought I might like him but then after I realized I don't. And I don't want to tell him before the games because how can I tell someone that might die that I don't like them back?" I say quickly.

"Okay okay slow down." Says Finnick bringing me into another hug. "I understand."

"Really? You're not mad?" I ask looking up at him.

"Not if you're not mad at me for not being there last night." He says smiling back.

"Deal." I say.

"Now speaking of deal why don't we go back inside?" Says Finnick whose motioning towards the door. I nod back in response.

"So does everyone agree to the terms?" Brutus asks the other mentors who all nod. "Good, see you all around." Everyone stands up and begins to walk out the door.

"Tavia!" I hear Cashmere call. I look over to Finnick who gives me the "be nice" look. I roll my eyes at him. I slowly walk over to Cashmere who's standing by the window.

"Yes Cash?" I say bitterly.

"I'm sorry for that Octavia, I really am." She says, but I don't buy it.

"What gives?" I ask. "I thought you and I were friends."

"We are its just I was trying to protect you. I know you're not really getting together with your tribute, but I wanted Finnick to back off of you."She explains.

"Why'd you verbally attack me then?" I ask.

"Because I wanted to see his reaction, and honey it's not good news for you. I need to protect you from him."

"Why do I need to be protected from him?" I ask, with not anger but confusion in my voice.

"Where do you think he goes at night? Where do you think he gets those scratches from? There not his because his hands are too big." Says Cashmere.

"I don't know." I state blankly.

"Yes you do, think about it." She insists.

Then it dawns on me. Finnick Odair was sleeping around with women here in the Capitol. I mean I know he's very flirty but I didn't think he was sleeping with someone everyday of the week.

"Is he really sleeping around?" I ask my eyes wide with horror.

"Yup," Says Cashmere. "He's been doing it for a while now. See I didn't want you to get hurt by him because he's interested in you plus I wouldn't want you to get anything else if you know what I mean." She winks at the last part. Ew.

"Thanks I think." I say confused.

"Anytime girl." She says hugging be and then skipping out the door. Well that was odd. I guess in her own twisted way, Cashmere really was trying to help. But why would Finnick not tell me about these women in the Capitol? I mean I know he's known for being flirty but I didn't think he went that far.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~