Chapter 15

Lucy's pov

When I started to become conscious I heard a faint voice say "... of my life. Let go."
I immediately recognized his voice. Ian sounded so broken and I am the reason why he is in pain.

'Why does he want me to leave?' I thought.
I felt how he let go of my hand and heard him walking to the door. I was so scared that he would go out of that door and never come back.

I wouldn't be mad at him for leaving me, because I'm a mess and I didn't want to see him ruin his life, because he's stuck with me. But as selfish as I was, I tried my hardest to say something. I wanted him to stay. Without Ian I am nothing.

"Please don't leave me." I said.

I was sure that it was a weak whisper, though. But it was enough to make him stop leaving.

As soon as he heard my voice, Ian rushed to my side and said "I could never leave you. I love you so much."

I smiled a little smile and whispered "I love you too. But why would you say that I should let go of my life?"

"How much did you hear?" Ian asked and took my hands in his.

"Only 'let go'."

"You are at the hospital for four weeks now, which means that really soon they would have stopped life support.
And you only heard the end of what I've told you.
I said that you don't need to fight anymore because I know that you've had a hard life. You went through a lot of shit and when you didn't wake up, I started to think that maybe you don't wanna fight.
That maybe you don't wanna live anymore. I wanted to tell you that it's okay to give up and that I wouldn't be mad at you because I would know that you did everything you could."

By now Ian and I were in tears. It was so sweet of him that he always wanted the best for me. Even though it made him sad and it would break him. He still wanted the best for me.

"I wanna live. No matter what happens in the future. I love you and ..."

Ian cut me off in the middle of my sentence as he crushed his lips on mine. I kissed him back as passionately as I could.

Ashley's pov

We all sat in the waiting room in the hospital. The doctors had some news for us and I hoped like everyone else that Lucy woke up and she is fine.

"I have some news for you but those aren't happy ones." Dr Smith said. "We have to stop life support today. So pray that Lucy will wake up today but also start to say goodbye to her."

"What? I can't believe this!" Shay cried. I stood up and hugged her. She started to cry hysterically and I started to cry, too.

"We can't lose her. Lucy is so young!" Holly said with sadness in her voice.

"Where is Ian? Does he know?" I wanted to know.

"He is with her right now." Dr Smith said.

"Ian can't lose her. He would break!" Tyler yelled. We all hugged each other and cried our eyes out.

"Where is Lucy's family?" Troian suddenly asked. "I mean we are the only ones who are visiting her. She must have a family somewhere."

"She doesn't have one. That's all I know." Marlene answered.

"I'm gonna go to Lucy's room." I announced.

"Do you think that's a good idea? Ian is with her and we should give him some time to say goodbye." Keegan said.

"I wanna say goodbye, too. She is one of my best friends!" I yelled and ran to Lucy's room. I stopped in my tracks when I heard voices coming from inside. I quietly opened the door and saw Lucy and Ian kissing passionately.

"Ew, guys get a room!" I said when I entered the room.

"Hey, this is my room!" Lucy said with a smile on her face. Although Lucy and Ian looked like they've been crying their eyes out, they looked extremely happy.

"You are awake!" I squealed and ran to the other side of her bed.

"It's hard to deny, isn't it?"

"Can I hug you?"

"Yeah, but be careful, please."

I hugged my best friend as careful as I could and smirked. "I didn't interrupt you, did I?"

"No, you didn't." Ian said with a smile on his face.

"It is so nice to see you smiling again." I told Ian.

"Thanks. And it's nice seeing you smile, too."

"I feel like I should leave you two alone again. I am going to tell the others that you woke up." I said.

"Wait, what do you mean with the others?" Lucy questioned.

"The whole PLL Family is here at the hospital for you." Ian explained.

"Wow." Lucy said obviously surprised. "I never thought that they would all be here for me."

"Of course everyone's here. We are a family." Ian said and drew small circles with his thumb on the back of Lucy's hand.

The way the two of them act and Troian's question made me think. Does Lucy have a family besides us?   

"Ok, I will see you two lovebirds later." I stated and left the room.
On my way to the others I started to think again.

No one from Lucy's family has ever visited the set.
She has never said anything about a mom, a dad or siblings.
Luce looked so surprised when Ian explained that we are all at the hospital.
It was like she never experienced something like this. That she is important to so many people. Maybe I should talk to her or Ian about it.

I decided to push those thoughts out of my head and to worry about it later. When I reached the waiting room, where everyone was, I practically screamed

"The. Goose. Is. Back!"