Chapter 12- Backstory

For the people who didn't see anything last time sorry bout that I think it was my internet that messed it up...

Percy's P.O.V

I found the famous Natasha Romanoff or Black Widow a bit later who was actually talking to Clint. I walked over there while playing with my hands a bit a nervous habit.

"You're Natasha?" I asked as I got closer and there conversation went quiet.

"Yeah, you're Percy?" She asked not exactly smiling but wasn't threatening either. I decided to make it a challenge to make her smile.

"Yup." I said while popping the P and grinning widely and putting on a mask that I normally had on to hide my nervousness and other emotions from people.

"So what do you guys want to do?" Clint asked while looking between us.

My smile faltered for a second but it was back up and I shrugged. I wish I hadn't shrugged cause my shoulder hurt from Gabe, it was a day old and it still hurt a lot when I moved it.

"I don't really care." I said while smiling still. I couldn't tell if they knew it was fake or not but right now I kinda want off my feet, I think I pulled a muscle or something in the back of my leg and it was annoying.

"Ice-cream?" Clint asked

I pretty much filled with excitement at the prospect of ice-cream, hadn't had it in a long time, I couldn't tell but it seemed my eyes shined with the excitement that I felt because Clint smiled and we started to make our way to the car that was parked near the house.

The car ride was spent talking about different flavors of ice-cream because I hadn't had ice-cream in a long, long time.

But the one I chose was a blue color. When the two asked me why I explained, "There was this one family that were nice, and during then I loved the color blue so my foster mom made the breakfast blue."

"Why breakfast?" Clint asked

"There were two other kids in that house, both adopted, Annabeth one of the adopted liked the color grey so our foster mom designated lunch the color grey. While Leo the other foster kid loved orange so dinner was designated the color orange while dessert was designated different colors for each person." I said while smiling sadly at the idea of them again

"Who were these foster parents?" Natasha asked

"Their names were Silena Beckendorf and Charles Beckendorf. Silena couldn't have kids so they adopted us." I said while remembering them.

"What happened?" Clint asked nicely to not shut me out of the conversation and have me open up.

I swallowed a lump in my throat, "I did something stupid and ran away instead of facing the aftermath." I said while suddenly losing my appetite and looking at the table.

"What did you do?" Clint asked with furrowing his eyebrows

"I was only 6 and Annabeth and Leo were 5, we were going to this playground one day and we were walking across the street but I didn't look both ways, "I started while swallowing the bigger lump in my throat that felt like it was going to choke me, "A car almost hit me but Annabeth pushed me out of the way. She ended up in a coma and it was just my fault." I was trying not to get pulled into the moment as I felt Clint put his hand on my shoulder.

"It wasn't your fault." He tried to reassure

"But it was." I mumbled back still trying t get out of the daze I was in.

"So why did you run away?" Natasha asked kindly and gave me a reassuring smile...mission accomplished I guess.

"When the doctors told Silena and Charlie that Annabeth was in a coa Silena was in tears and she yelled at me. She yelled at me for letting Annabeth get hurt and she actually wished it was me. I know that it was just the moment but I was only 7 not knowing that she didn't really mean it but at the age of 7 and never knew what it was to be loved until then and I just...I just ran and kept running." I said

"Why didn't you go back when you were older?" Natasha asked while Clint shot her a look to be careful on the subject.

"I did when I was 10, I went to their house but instead of knocking I looked into a window, an instinct told me to, but instead Leo, Charlie, Silena, and possible Annabeth I saw another kid and girl.

The girl had black hair and electric eyes while the boy had blond hair and the same electric eyes. But Leo saw me but didn't say anything. We still keep in touch now and then so I know the kids names are Thalia and Jason and that Annabeth only got out of her coma a couple months later but she mostly stays in her room or hangs with her friends instead of the foster family." I started to lick some of the ice-cream once more as rangled in the emotions I was feeling.

"Tell me about Leo?" Clint asked

"He is most likely the most ADHD person I ever met, can never sit still and study, loves building things. When we were little he actually built a small copter with only pocket junk and it actually flew, he i a prodigy in building and loves to flirt even at a young age." I said with a small smile.

"So like Tony?" Natasha asked

"I never met Tony so I wouldn't know." I said continued to eat my ice-cream.

That was how I told the two people who I would later call family about my past, about my old foster family that I left behind.

There we have it a bit of a backstory!