Chapter 2- The Pickpocket

Percy's P.O.V

I was walking down New York city, the place where my new foster 'father' was and where I was staying.

Honestly I don't know how I end up caught but I do and then I get shoved back into the foster systems without a care from the world.

I was trying to find a target to pickpocket and get some food and I noticed this one fellow talking to another guy.

They both had blond hair and broad shoulders but they looked like easy targets. I got off the lamppost I was currently leaning on and got my hand ready to reach into the pocket of one of the two targets.

I flipped my hood down and started to walk toward them. I bumped into one of the men and muttered a sorry while my hand reached in and took his wallet.

I walked away with the wallet in my hoodie pocket and kept walking till I was around the corner.

I got the wallet out of my pocket and opened it.

It was empty.

Completely empty

No credit Cards

No license

Nothing

I literally groaned and my head fell back against the brick wall.

I sighed and jumped when a voice called out, "Yeah I figured someone would try and steal my wallet."

I turned around toward the entrance of the alleyway I was in and there was the guy I pickpocketed, but his friend was no where to be seen.

I took a step back and raised my hands in defeat, "You got me can I go home now?" I asked the guy shoving down the rising panic.

"Not yet kid what's your name?" The man asked leaning against a brick wall

"What's it to you." I snapped on reflex

The blond put his hands up in a 'whoa chill man and relax' I did the opposite and tensed up more.

"Come on kid let's get some food I'm sure you're hungry." The guy said

I eyed him warily but I had nothing else to do and I was hungry. Gabe didn't pay for the AC and I used up the money yesterday to pay it and I haven't eaten. The money from the wallet I pickpocketed was suppose to go to food.

I warily went toward the man and he put his hand on my shoulder when I got close enough but it wasn't a hard grip like I expected it was a grip that was suppose to be a calming feeling but I tensed up further.

The only physical contact I ever had was when I was in a beating honestly I almost flinched away from the nice touch.

I had to fight every last nerve to actually not flinch and even then I was tense as a brick. The guy lead me to a small pizza place and ordered me a Coke and a large cheese pizza to share.

When the pizza arrived I grabbed a slice quickly and ate it quickly, I was hungry don't blame me. I started to slow down after the third slice and the guy just watched with a neutral expression.

I wiped my hands on my pants and before reaching for another slice I whispered, "

Percy. My name is Percy."

The guy smiled lightly and said, "Mine's Clint. Got a last name Percy?"

"I do have one thank you for asking." I said before I knew it with lots of sarcasm dripping onto the sentence.

The guy laughed and I smiled for a first time in a while, "Ok Percy that does have a last name, what do you do for fun?" Clint asked

"Dunno, don't have much free time." I said and it was true, between school, pickpocketing, and cleaning up after Gabe then the beatings I don't get much free time.

"Well we got to change that then." Clint said with a small smile

I frowned and said, "Pass got stuff to do." I said and I got up still chewing on the pizza and walked out the door not noticing that Clint was secretly trailing behind me.