Chapter 9

Jessica's POV:

"No! Please!" I scream trying to get away from him but he's too fast.

"I warned you, you little bitch and now.. Now you're going to pay." He said with a devilish smirk. I see that he has a hand in his pocket and I know what's in there, and I was right. He took out a gun and pointed it at my head.

"Stop! Let her go!" I hear someone scream behind me. It was Shawn. "Shawn help me please!" I screamed with tears pouring down my face. I closed my eyes hoping, wishing this was all a dream until I heard 3 gun shots. I flinched at the first 2 and the 3rd one I saw who it went to. I looked behind me and Shawn's body collapsed to the floor hitting it with a big thud.

"Shawn! Why?!" I asked looking at the man, my tears pouring down harder.

"Because he was getting in the way of us darling." He smirked. I hugged tightly Shawn's body with blood surrounding it.

"Please Shawn! Don't go! Don't leave me." I cry in his chest. "Please Shawn."

"Now where were we?" He said smirking eyeing me up and down.

"Leave me alone please! I beg you!" I cried.

"Now honey, you don't want what happened to your little friend happening to you now huh?" He smirked. I looked at Shawn and he was pale. Under his eyes it was green-ish, purple color. His lips were all purple and dried and his forehead was all sweaty. The only person who actually loved me is gone. Why? I can't control my tears anymore.

I felt someone grab me from my neck making me face them. "You don't want to listen to me huh?" He said while taking out his gun. The same gun he used to kill Shawn.

"Please! No let me go!" I screamed praying he'll let me go.

"No no no sweetheart. You've been a bad girl this year." He smirked. I feel so disgusted. Disgusted that this.. This monster is my father. My own father. Someone who is supposed to protect me and love me but instead only knows how to hurt me. He pulled the gun towards my head and I closed my eyes. Boom.

"Jess! Jess!!" I hear someone screaming. "Jess wake up!" They said shaking me. I tried to wake up but it was no use. My body didn't let me wake up. I kept trying to move until I felt something cold on me and that's when I woke up.

"Shawn!" I say crying into his arms. "Shawn you're okay!" I screamed hugging him, not wanting to let go of him. I just want to stay in his arms forever and just get lost in them. He looked at me with a confused expression on his face.

"Jess are you okay?" He said concern taking over his voice. I just quietly look down at my lap.

"Um yeah I just had a bad dream." I say sniffling.

"What about?" He asks me. Instead of answering him I just kept looking down at my lap. He lifted my chin up and looked into my eyes.

"I'm worried about you Jess. What was the dream about?" He asks again. I sighed.

"Well basically, I had a dream where my dad found me. He was trying to kill me. He pointed the gun he had in his pocket towards my head. I was screaming for him to let me go but he didn't. Then you came in and was screaming to leave me alone and instead of shooting me he.. He shot you." I stopped and started to cry.

"Then your body collapsed on the floor and I went rushing towards you. And that's when you where already gone. I took a look at you and you were pale and your lips were all purple and dried up. I was screaming at my dad because of the thought of loosing you." I took a deep breath and continued. "He then just took me by neck and said that if I don't want what happened to you happening to me that I need to shut up and listen to him. But I didn't.. Then. That's when he shot me. That's basically the only thing I remember because after that you woke me up." When I finished Shawn looked at me with sympathetic eyes.

"I'm sorry Jess." He said.

"Shawn I was afraid that I actually lost you." I said crying into his arms again. "I can't bare to loose you Shawn, I just can't."

"Jess you'll never loose me." He said lifting my chin up so I was looking at him. "I'll always be here with you."

After about 5 minutes of silence and just me being in his arms he looked at me. "I think we should get back to bed." I nodded. I checked my phone and noticed it was only 3:25 am. When I went to lay down on my bed I noticed that it was covered in water.

"Um Shawn my bed is covered in water.." I say quietly. "And so am I." I chuckle, so does he.

"Sorry you didn't want to wake up so I had to throw cold water at you." He smiled. "But you can come sleep with me on my bed if you want?" He smiled and patted a spot next to him on his bed. I gave him a weak smile "ok but let me change first."

I took another pair of PJ's from my drawer and went inside the bathroom and changed. After I was done changing I put the wet clothes to dry off on a hanger and laid down next to Shawn. He wrapped his arms around my waist making me feel secured.