Chapter 3

Jessica's POV:

*A month later*

I look at the time on my phone and see it's 5:45 am. I get up from my bed and go straight to the bathroom. I take a shower, and wash my hair.

After I'm done I brush my teeth and wrap a small towel around my hair. The whole time I couldn't stop thinking about Shawn. We've become really close. Honestly I feel better that I told him. Whenever I'm with him it's different. The ways his eyes sparkle, the way he gives me butterflies in my stomach. The way I feel safe and secured when he hugs me. Just the thought of being with him is satisfying enough. But i'm just overreacting. He probably doesn't like me anyways.

I search through my closet and decided to wear a turquoise crop top, some aztec overalls and white converse. I then blow dry my hair and curl it. After, I put some foundation, concealer, eyeliner and mascara, and decided to go with some chaptsick. I don't really like lipgloss because my hair sticks to my mouth and it's so annoying. I hear my phone buzz and see I got a message from Shawn. A smile appears on my face.

Shawn: Goodmorning Jess :)

I text him back.

Me: Goodmorning Shawn :)

Shawn: Um, would you like to go get some breakfast before school starts?

It's 6:24 am and school starts at 8:30.

Me: Sure. He texts back immediately.

Shawn: Great! I'll pick you up in 10. Sounds good? But I kinda need your address.

Me: Sounds perfect! And of course :)

I then give shawn my address. I hear my phone buzz again after 10 minutes.

Shawn: I'm outside.

Me: Great! I'll be out in 2 seconds.

I grab my phone and bookbag and head out. I see Shawn in his car and I'm greeted with a smile. Before I can open the car door he steps out and opens it for me. "Why thank you" I say with a smile.

"You are very welcome." He says and chuckles. "Okay, so I know this really great diner that serves breakfast before school starts." He smiles.

We arrive and wait for the waiter. I check my phone again and see it's 6:47 am. Wow it's still early. I see the waiter head our way. "Welcome, table for 2?" She asks.

"Yes please" Shawn responded. She takes us to a booth and gives us the menu. She leaves and comes back a few minutes later. She comes takes our drink orders and leaves. We both ordered orange juice. Then she comes back and we ordered what we're going to eat. I ordered some chocolate chip pancakes, with some strawberries on top and Shawn ordered some original pancakes with some bacon, eggs and sausage.

"So, do you like the food?" He asks me.

"Oh my god yes it's so delicious." I smile. He chuckles. It was quiet for a bit until Shawn broke the silence.

"So, tell me about yourself." He asks me.

"Well, there's not much too tell." I laugh.

"C'mon anything."

"Okay, so my name is Jessica Eve Roberts but I would prefer to be called Jess, and I like watching wrestling." I smile, he laughs. "And, I like to listen to music probably, sing along but I just can't sing." I say and giggle, he laughs.

"I love listening to much too. I actually write my own songs." He says, and we both smile.

"I would love to hear them one day I-If I can." I say and smile.