Chapter 4

Jessica's POV:

When the cops arrived they handcuffed my dad and led him to the police car. He gave me this death stare, and I could tell he was mad. Not even mad, infuriated. I know my dad he likes to get revenge on people and now, i'm going to be one of those people. I'm so scared that I can't move. I'm frozen in fear and I can feel my heart pounding faster and faster on my chest. I'm surprised that Shawn doesn't hear it. My palms begin to get sweaty, so goes for my forehead, cheeks, and my neck. I feel tears going down my cheek, I try to hold them in but it doesn't help. Shawn gets closer to me and wipes the tears away.

I see a cop approach his way towards us. "So, we're going to need some details onto what happend." He says. He looked at both me and Shawn. Shawn started to talk.

"So basically Jess left school early today. She said she was feeling sick, so I decided to come check up on her to see if she was okay. When I parked my car I went to go ring the doorbell, and found the door open just a crack. I opened it to see if everything was ok but I found Jess on the floor bleeding. Then her dad came from behind me and took me from the neck." He says.

"After my dad grabbed Shawn by the neck I grabbed a vase and swung it across his head and he collapsed. That's when Shawn called the police station." I added on. The police man was writing everything down on a notepad and nodded his head.

"Thank you, we'll make sure that this man would never bother you again." He said.

"Thank you officer." Shawn said.

"Thank you." I said. After hearing those words I felt like a whole weight has been lifted off me. I really hope the officer would keep his promise because I do not want to see my dad again.

After that all the cops left. Shawn and I just stood there in silence."Wait so.. where am I going to stay now?" I said in a more quiet tone. "I can't stay here I don't have the money to pay and if my dad gets out, this will be the first place he will decide to look."

"Maybe you can stay with my mom and I." He said.

"What? No, I can't do that. I'll just see if any of my relatives are in town." I said.

"Well, honestly it's no problem i'll just ask my mom to see if it's ok with her. She won't really mind anyways."

"No, I can't interfere like that." I said while shaking my head.

"Well, let's find out." He said and smiled.

"Shawn." I said.

"Nope let's see what she says." He says while taking my hand and going to the car.

***

When Shawn parked the car he got out and opened the door for me. He's really sweet.

"Thank you." I say and smile.

"You're welcome." He replies and smiles.

"Shawn, I don't really feel comfortable asking your mom if I can stay here because my dad was sent to jail for abusing me. Like it kinda sounds weird don't you think?" I tell him.

"Exactly so let's asks her." He smirks. I don't want to intrude in Shawn's home like this it's just wrong. When we reached the door Shawn unlocked it and we went inside. He has a beautiful house. It's so neat and organized. Everything is where it's supposed to go, and the smell of cinnamon apple catches my nose.

"Shawnie" Shawn's mom says with a smile on her face pinching Shawn's cheek.

"Mom" He whines. He looks embarrassed, his cheeks are flushed with pink. It's adorable. I giggle. His mom then looks at me with a warming smile.