Ch. 7: Sunday Morning Family Announcements

"Fire & Ice" (Revised for Wattpad), Ch. 07: Sunday Morning Family Announcements,  August 09, 2015 Gratiana Lovelace

(An original story copyrighted by Gratiana Lovelace, 2015; all rights reserved)

[From time to time, I will illustrate my story with images of actors representing my dream cast--including Richard Armitage as Thomas Kane and Anne Hathaway as Caroline Walters, Doris Roberts as Mrs. Burns, and others as noted in the image credits.] [(1) "Fire & Ice" story logo]

Author's Mature Content Note:  "Fire & Ice" is romantic thriller story with mature themes (D for drama, S for sensuality, and V for violence) of love and relationships. Most chapters will be PG or PG-13. However, if you are unable or unwilling to attend a movie with the ratings that I provide, then please do not read that chapter. This is my disclaimer.

Author's Recap from the previous chapter:  On Saturday afternoon and evening, Thomas and Caroline and Trevor spend a lovely family day with each other. And Thomas and Caroline have a heart to heart talk about blending their lives together as a family--as well as sharing their love together. Today, Sunday, will be the first time that their newly reconstituted family is made more public.

"Fire & Ice", Chapter 7: Sunday Morning Family Announcements

After making love when they went to bed Saturday night, practicality took hold at some point in the night--and Thomas and Caroline had each risen and put their comfy clothes back on—knowing that their little one Trevor would be joining them in the morning. With his own jammies on, Thomas won't feel as embarrassed about being naked with Caroline in their bed as he was yesterday. Good planning, because once again, Thomas and Caroline are awakened by a little visitor early in the morning—their son Trevor.

Trevor: "Morning Mommy." Trevor sleepily kisses his Mommy Caroline's cheek and climbs over her to nestle in between her and his Daddy.

Caroline: "Morning Trevor." Caroline stretches sleepily.

Trevor: "Morning Daddy." Trevor now sleepily kisses his Daddy Thomas's cheek and pulls his blankie over the top of himself.

Thomas: "Morning Trevor." He says sleepily.

Thomas and Caroline turn towards each other, kiss each other, and then they fall asleep with their little boy Trevor snuggled in between them on top of the covers with his blankie over him. After another hour or so of sleep, all three of them awaken fully to start their day as a family--albeit still in their jammies or comfy clothes.

***

As Caroline had told Thomas yesterday, Sunday's are pancake breakfasts. So, Thomas sets about to help Caroline in the kitchen since she is not supposed to use her broken left hand while it is still healing. Thomas starts the coffee, opens and pours out the juices and milk for Trevor, breaks the eggs for the pancake batter, and waits for more instructions from Caroline. Thomas looks up at Caroline who seems to have an expression of incredulity mixed with amusement on her face. For Thomas' part, he thinks his Caroline looks radiant in the early morning sunlight [(2)].

Thomas: "Hey beautiful, what's so amusing?" Thomas looks up [(3)] at Caroline, with a gaze so full of smouldering love, that they both remember the night they shared together and blush.

Caroline: "You are. Thomas, I have to say that you have become quite adept in the kitchen since we lived together before." Caroline observes bemusedly.

Thomas: "Ha ha ha!" Thomas laughs self deprecatingly--looking very handsome in his v-necked t-shirt. "Well, it was either learn how to fend for myself—or starve." He makes a face and she laughs now also. "If you're all set here for your pancake cooking, I'll go see what Trevor is up to in his room and bring him out to join us. Hmmm?" Caroline smiles and nods.