Nine Boys...- Chapter 15

Start from the beginning

    Nick frowned at me. "I don't think anyone would be as popular as you are here. Everyone likes you and respects you for being the kind person you are. Everyone was afraid of Clare, but not anymore. They see you similar to how they see my dad. true respect is earned and you've earned it."

    A guy next to me leaned over with a confused look on his face. "Sorry for overhearing, but did you just say your brother is alive? I thought he died."

    I nodded smiling. "He survived and found his way to where I was when we were camping. It was a shock seeing him alive. A great shock."

    He smiled. "That's so great you have back." He held out his hand to me. "Name's Trey."

    "Hi." I shook his hand with my uncast hand.

    He pointed to my cast. "Do you mind if I sign it?"

    I held my cast out. "Sure, but don't ask me out on it. My boyfriend wouldn't like that."

    He waved that off. "No worries. I'm taken anyways." He used his watercolor paint to make two small wolves howling up from my knuckles. The wolves were facing each other. "One is you and the other is your brother. Both together again." He smiled at me after he explained and signed his name in between them.

    I smiled. "Thanks. You'll get to meet him tomorrow. They are still dealing with all the paperwork so he can start school."

    Trey smiling turning back to his watercoloring paper. "That's cool. Is he taking art too?"

    I nodded working on the fur of my wolf painting. "We are going to have the same schedule."

    "That's even cooler. He can help you get around and you could help him with everything he's missed so far in school."

    I grinned more and nodded. "That's right. I can definitely catch him up."

    Between Nick and Trey, the conversations never ended. Nick and Trey became quick friends as this was Trey's first art class too. Trey had taken metal shop before and decided that he'd try art for a change. He was more than surprised how well he took to art. He had doodled forever and had the basics. I've doodled too, but nothing like his doodles.

    Trey helped me to the cafeteria with Nick. Nick held me and Trey carried my bag for me. He kept a few feet away from me when we entered. He so didn't want to make Daemon jump on him as Trey found out that Daemon was my boyfriend. Trey got a little scared by that fact, but Nick said that we could just tell them Trey was Nick's friend, not mine when in fact he was both of ours.

    Trey set my bag down and smiled over to a girl across the hall. "I'll see you guys in class tomorrow." He didn't wait as he sprinted off and gave the girl a kiss as he sat down with her. That must be the girlfriend and she was so cute for him.

    Daemon took my hand. "That's a pretty image of two wolves." He commented about the painting Trey had done in art.

    I smiled. "Trey made it when he found out that my brother was back. I think if he drew you and me together, your wolf would be bigger."

    Daemon shook his head. "No, we're equal. We'd be like this. The same size." He traced the one of the two with blue eyes. "I might ask him to add me beside you so you're in the front."

    I giggled. "I don't know. Would you like to be beside me?"

    A soft growl vibrated out from his throat. He pulled me over to him and I giggled. "You're teasing me again." Nodding as if he was asking me a question and not just stating the obvious, I slipped my arms around his neck. His chest vibrated as he growled more smiling and holding my waist. "You sure you want to tease me? I don't think you are ready for the consequences of that just yet and you're poorly."