Nine Boys...- Chapter 15

Start from the beginning

    "I bet when Claw starts riding with us, Nina won't be so mushy." Louis countered smirking with his brother.

    "We'll just see about that. He might like seeing his sister in love for the first time." Daemon turned the beast off and hopped out so he could lifted me out of his beast.

    I pouted at Daemon. "The doc said I need to walk as much as possible even if it was hobbling and with help. You can't carry me everywhere." He had not put me down, but grabbed my bag and carried me inside the school. Everyone was curious about what had happened seeing the casts on my leg and arm. There were whispers and people shaking there head before they looked back over at me frowning.

    He just shrugged before he set me down on my good foot. "I didn't want you to strain yourself before school started. You'll have enough of a time getting to your other classes."

    Shane held out my crutch and had both our bags over his shoulder. "I thought that's what I'm here for? To help her to her other classes."

    Daemon nodded. "You are, but I still wanted to carry her."

    Shane gently pushed Daemon out of the way placing his hand around my waist. "Now you need to get to class so we can get to ours." Shane turned me to the classroom leaving Daemon there growling at his brother. Shane just laughed. "You'll get to see her at lunch."

    I looked over at Daemon who whimpered at me. Smiling at him, I blew him a kiss. He acted like it struck his heart and he was dazed by it. I giggled seeing him a bit better.

    Shane helped me into my seat for class and people came up to us asking what happened. I shrugged and Shane told them that there was a rogue attack and they pushed me off a cliff. Everyone was shocked and glad that I was alright. They even wanted to sigh my cast. Shane pulled out a box of different color markers for them to decorate. I laughed as they did smiling. First they had worked on the one on my leg. Shane had to tell the guys not to put on there that they wanted a date as Daemon would kill them. Some scratched out what they wrote because they had.

    Mr. Darken actually started class later seeing thateveryone was busy writing on my cast. He even came over after he shooed everyone away to get prepared for class to sign my arm cast. It was nice to know that he wanted me to feel better too. He even put a smiley face with numbers for spiky hair under his signature.

    Mr. Murphy wasn't as nice about my casts. He just told us to make sure I'm not late to any of my classes. Shane stuck his tongue out at Mr. Murphy when the teacher turned around. I bit my lip to stop from giggling.

    Nick, not my Nick, met us halfway to my class to relieve Shane. Nick was a bit quite the whole way to class. He even dashed off to get our stuff the second I was down on my stool. His eyes never coming up to look at me.

    When he sat down, he immediately started working on his new sketch as he had finished the one of me last week. I placed my hand on his arm. "Are you okay?"

    His shoulders slumped. "We're not going to be so close now, are we?" He asked as he looked at me from the corner of my eyes.

    I smiled at him. "Of course we will. You'll still be the one who I'll love being with me in the kitchen when I bake to talk to about everything. The one who listens to my ridiculous ranting and rambles about so many things. Whose going to be the one I'll teach some of my techniques to or who will teach me how to be an artist?" I smiled. "Who will be the one that starts the bakery with me in town? No one can replace you Nick."

    He gave a small smile before it vanished. "But he's your brother."

    I nodded. "But he'll find his own way too. He was the more popular one at school before and I know he will be again."