Chapter 7

"Calum?" A female voice asks. I turn to see a girl who looked just like Calum, except that she was obviously older than him.

"Mali!" Calum runs into her arms.

"Who's this?" Mali asks, motioning her hand towards me.

"I'm Grace. I'm Luke's sister." I smile.

"Well as you now know, my name is Mali. I'm Cal's sister." She laughs.

"So what are you doing here Mali?" Ashton asks.

"Well I figured that you guys would be tired after the flight so I thought I might as well just come to drive you home." She explains. We all nod and follow her to an SUV. Calum was up front with Mali. Luke and I were in the middle row, and Ashton and Michael were in the back. The drive to our new home only took ten minutes, although that might've been because Mali was speeding along the highway. We pull up in front of a big house. It had two garages, a decent size lawn, and it had a really cool front porch. 

"I'll see you guys later. And Grace, if you ever need anything, I'm right next door." Mali says to me. She pulls into the house next to ours after we get out. It was late here in London. It was about six, and we hadn't eaten dinner yet. I slung my bag over my shoulder and waited for Luke to unlock the door. Once we were inside, I ran to check out the rooms to figure out which one I would sleep in. I chose the biggest room which also had a loft. I unpacked my stuff into the dresser and walked up the steps to the loft. My new bed was in the loft, so I laid down on that.

"Grace! Come get something to eat!" Luke shouts. I groaned, marching down the hall and towards the kitchen. The boys had put together a simple salad, which I happily ate. When I was finished I cleared my place and walked outside. I decided to walk to the nearest drug store to buy another razor. I hadn't shaved my legs in a while, and I needed to soon. I found the aisle that had razors and I grabbed the first pack I saw. I also bought a few other things. I paid for them and walked home.

"Where did you go?" Ashton asks when I shut the door behind me.

"I went for a walk and to the store." I state.

"What did you buy?" He questions.

"Stuff." I tell him.

"Grace, what did you buy?" He asks sternly.

"Feminine products! Do I need to go into detail?" I exclaim.

"No, uh, you're good. Well, goodnight." Ashton hugs me and runs off to his room. I walked into my own bedroom and straight into the connected bathroom. I took a shower and shaved my legs. After getting dressed in just a long shirt and cotton shorts I stared at myself in the mirror. I felt like I had gained weight lately. I'm still not used to eating a whole lot at a time, and the past week I was eating fattening foods every single day. Once I thought about it enough, I started to feel like I was going to be sick. Luke spent so much money on me for food. I felt the vomit come up and I puked into the toilet. I finished and flushed. I began to cry. There goes some of Luke's money spent down the toilet. I was a waste of money. I couldn't eat normally all because of the way my stomach and brain were trained. My stomach knew I didn't eat when I was poor and didn't have Luke, and it didn't like the change.

"Grace? Are you alright in there?" I hear Michael knock on the door.

"I'm fine." I try to muffle the sounds of my crying.

"Open the door." He says. I decide not to fight him and I opened it. I fell right into his arms and sobbed again.

"I'm so stupid. I'm a waste of money." I cry into his shoulder.

"Whoa, what are you talking about? You're nowhere close to that." He wraps his arms around my small body and pulls me down to the floor to hold onto me better.

"Luke wastes money on food for me. My body isn't capable of consuming food every day. I just threw up today's meals. I've been eating all week and it's making me feel sick." I cover my face.

"Love, start slowly and work yourself up to eating healthy amounts. You'll get better I promise." Michael comforts me.

"Okay." I sigh.

"It might be best if you go to the doctors as well." He tells me.

"What? I don't need to go to the doctor." My eyes widen. What if they saw my scars?

"It's just for a checkup Grace. I'll get you an appointment for tomorrow." Michael lifts me up off his lap and gets up.

"I really have to?" I pout.

"Yes. I'll see you tomorrow. Goodnight." He kisses my forehead and walks out. I stare at my reflection once more in the bathroom mirror and climb into bed. I fall asleep quickly to the sound of my music playlist.

"Wake up!" I hear before someone jumps on top of me. I open my eyes to see Mali crushing me.

"Uh, hi? What are you doing here?" I ask.

"Michael asked me to take you to your doctor's appointment today. The boys are in the studio today for the first time recording one of the songs Luke and Calum wrote." Mali explained.

"Oh, alright. Let me get dressed and then we can go." I tell her. I put on leggings, a blue sweater, and combat boots. I covered my scars with concealer and then walked into the front hall.

"Let's go." I said. The car ride to the doctor's office was silent. When Mali pulled up to the building I took a deep breath.

"Luke is going to pick you up, so I'll see you later. Bye!" Mali hugs me and I get out. I sign in at the front desk and five minutes later I heard my name being called.

"Grace Hemmings? Follow me." The nurse led me to a room. There was a scale and a height measuring thingy.

"Step onto the scale please." The nurse smiled politely. I stood on and waited a minute until it got the correct number. Her eyes widened.

"Is there something wrong?" I ask.

"Honey, you're seventeen correct?" She questioned.

"Yeah." I nodded.

"You're seriously underweight. You weigh 90 pounds." She gave me a sad look. I immediately stepped off the scale.

"Can you please just continue with the checkup?" I stare at the floor. 15 minutes later I was finally done.