'It's a surprise.'

~Maddy's P.O.V~

I was in my room, pacing continuously. I was stressed out of my mind and I wasn't quiet sure why. I mean, I knew this was gonna happen, I thought I was mentally prepared. I thought wrong. I glanced down and read the text for the 15th time in the past three minutes.

From: Mr. Leprechaun

I'm picking you up at 7 for our date. Dress casual, it's nothing fancy at all, but you should love it. See you then ;)

What is that boy doing to me? My reaction isn't even ethical! I knew it was happening and it's not like it's a real date, only for a prank, right? Then why was I acting like this! Come to think of it, nothing about our entire friendship/relationship isn't ethical. Not one bit.

I sighed as I flopped back onto my bed, closing my eyes for a moment and putting my life into better perspective.  

It's a fake date. It means nothing for him, so it should mean nothing to you.

I chanted this to myself  for a couple of minutes before I pulled myself off the bed and looked at the clock. It was 5:30 right now, so I went ahead and jumped in the shower, starting to prepare. The shower actually helped calm me down even more and when I got out, I only had slight worries over the rest of the night.

I dried my hair the best I could with the towel, before wrapping it around me as I stepped out of the steaming bathroom and across the hall to my bedroom. I opened my closet, beginning to worry again. What was I going to wear!

About half an hour later and I was sitting in my underwear, chosen clothes laying on my bed as I quickly applied a minuscule amount of makeup. I lined my eyelids with eyeliner and mascara to my lashes. The only changes I really made to my usual makeup was instead of putting eyeliner on only the bottom, I put it on the top too, making the bottom slightly darker than usual as well.

After that was finished, I looked at the time, noticing I had about 30 minutes until Niall should be here. I stood up and slid on the clothes laying on my bed. I looked in the mirror to see how it looked. I had paired my dark blue skinny jeans with a grey top that has LOVE written in white over black. I had already slipped on a pair of blue TOMS and a varsity bomber laid to the side, knowing it would be cold outside.

(A/N: Link to outfit: http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=172646276 )

Knowing I had a good 25 to 20 minutes before he showed up, grabbing my jacket, I walked downstairs and sat on the couch; pulling out my phone. I looked through facebook quickly, I don't spend much time on there, then went to the twitter app. My followers had gone up tremendously since the beginning of the prank, meaning it wasn't boring and I wasn't tweeting to nobody anymore. I quickly composed a new tweet and began typing.

Smith_MaddySmith: Going out with NiallOfficial tonight! Going to be great!

I sent the tweet out and lots of replies came flooding in. I replied to several people and following more. I was startled when a knock sounded at the door. I looked at the clock on y phone screen and noticed it was 7 on the dot. 

Walking to the door, I took a deep breath before opening it. On the other side stood Niall, dressed in black skinny jeans a 5 Seconds of Summer band tee, a jacket and white shoes. I'm glad I don't feel under dressed right now.

"Hey." He said after giving me a full body glance over.

"Hi. Do you want to come in, or just leave now?" I asked unsure of when he wanted to leave.

"If you want I can come in for a while, but I was planning on just leaving." He explained, scratching the back of his neck.

"No, now's fine, just let me grab my jacket." I say as I turn around and slid the jacket over my arms before turning to face him again. 

We walked out to the car and he followed me to the passenger side. I was confused at first until he opened the door for me. Laughing, I slid in, thanking him in the process. He closed the door and jogged over to his side, climbing in and closing his door as well.

"So where are we going?" I asked as we pulled into the street. He didn't respond, so I looked over to him in confusion. A smirk was placed on his face.

"I'm not telling you, it's a surprise." He answered after a minute. I groaned in annoyance.

"C'mon, Niall, you know I hate surprises!" 

"Yep! That's part of the reason I did it!" His smirk grew wider. I struggled to come up with another reason why he should tell me.

"It's super cheesy though! I mean how often is it that the guy makes the date a surprise? Too often!"

"You like cheesy." He put simply. He had me there, I'm a sucker for the cheesy stuff. 

I huffed but stopped trying to persuade him, knowing I won't win anyway. It was a waste of breath.

We slipped into a comfortable silence as we drove, thankfully not awkward. We both stayed quiet as we looked out the windows, Niall keeping his eyes close to the road. The only sounds were the purr of the engine and our hushed breaths.

It stayed like this until we parked. I glanced out the window to see a one story building made of bricks with only a few windows. The building itself wasn't huge but still a decent size.

I hadn't noticed Niall getting out of the car until he was opening my door for me again. I quickly unbuckled my seat belt and stepped out of the car. I grasped his hand as he closed the door and we walked to the building.

He smiled at me before opening the door and stepping through the thresh-hold with me in tow.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cliff-hanger!

I honestly couldn't get enough motivation to finish this chapter at first so it took a little longer than I planned to get it up, but here it is!

School is starting tomorrow which possibly means even slower updates but I will try really hard to keep everything normal. Hopefully, I won't have an overload of homework. Anyway, I hope you guise loved this chapter!

Also, if you don't mind, SadThunder and I would really appreciate it if you read our story Darlings of the Stars featured on our joined account, sadluver3402. Thank you guise so much for any support!

BYEEEEEE! Love you guise!

~Dest