Maddy, will you marry me?

A week has passed since the... incident, and nothing has really happened. Well, besides a few food fights, pranks, and accidentally screaming in old couples faces... again, but nothing out of the ordinary.  I think Niall had the same idea as me about being just friends for now, for which I am really glad. I don't want to rush anything with him.

Right now, we are all sitting in the living room, watching Louis and Harry arm wrestle. It's getting kinda old though, considering they started almost a half an hour ago.

"Guys, can we do something else? I'm getting bored." Liam interjected, as if reading my mind.

"Yeah, please?" I agreed.

"What do you want to do?" Harry asked still engrossed in the match.

"This may sound childish, but can we play hide and seek? I haven't played that game in forever."

"Hide and seek?!" Louis asked, head shooting towards us in excitement. Just as he turned his head, Harry slammed his hand down, winning the match. Louis looked back in pure shock.

"B-b-b-but... What?" He stuttered.

"HA! I WIN!" Harry jumped up and did a little dance. Louis' lip started to tremble and he ran over to Eleanor with tears in his eyes.

"It's ok babe, it's just a game." El soothed him.

"N-no it's n-not! I w-want a r-rematch!" He cried into her shoulder.

"NO!" Everyone screamed at once. We all knew if they had a rematch, it would go on longer than it did before and nobody wanted that.

"What about hide and seek, Lou?! You seemed so happy about it before!" I tried to change his mind.

"Hide and seek?" He questioned, lifting his head of El's shoulder.

"Hide and seek." I confirmed.

"Ok!" He jumped up from the sofa, smiling.

"Who will be the seeker?" Liam asked.

"I think Harry should be it!" Lou smirked. Everyone rolled their eyes, but Harry agreed and started to count as we all searched for hiding spots.

I sprinted for the closet near the door. As I entered, I immediately started climbing up the shelves until I reached the highest point. I shoved aside some blankets, making room for me to lay. Getting situated, I then covered myself with the blankets to camouflage myself even more. Seconds after I had covered up I heard Harry scream and run around.

I waited for a while, but started to get bored of just sitting there, so I pulled out my phone and played a game, making sure it was on silent.

Ten more minutes passed and I heard the closet door creak open. I slowed my breathing, setting my phone against my stomach. As soon as the door closed again, I started breathing normally and continued playing the app.

My game was soon interrupted when I received a text from Danielle.

~

To Maddy

Hey girl, it's just you and Louis still in the game and I think Harry's about to find Lou. Congrats!

From Dani

~

~

To Dani

Yes! Hide and seek queen over here!

From Maddy

~

~

To Maddy

Haha yeah you are, your also the hide and seek master! He found Lou! You win!

From Dani

~

I was about to text Dani back but I was interrupted by Harry's voice.

"You win Maddy! You can come out now!" I smirked as I jumped down and opened the door. Harry was in the living room with everyone else, facing away from me. Niall noticed me from over Harry's shoulder, so I brought my finger to my lips, signalling for him not to say anything and he gave a subtle nod.

Making sure I wasn't very loud, I ran up behind Harry, jumping on his back. When I landed he made a very inhumane-like sound, but wrapped his hands around my legs to catch me.

"Miss me?" I laughed, laying my head on his shoulder. He turned his head towards me a little looking confused.

"Where were you? I couldn't find you anywhere?"

"A ninja never reveals his secrets."

"Isn't the saying 'A magician never reveals his secrets'?" Zayn asks. I turn and glare at him.

"It's whatever I say it is."

"Ok!" He replies, throwing his hands up in the air.

"Thought so." I laugh as I jump off Harry's back and head over to the sofas, the others following behind.

"Well that was fun!" Lou said plopping down on the love seat with Eleanor. Everyone nodded their head in agreement. They slipped into little conversations until Niall screamed.

"I want pizza!"

"Yeah buddy!" I replied reaching over to high five him.

"You two are always hungry, I swear!" Eleanor laughed.

"But food..." Niall and I said together, chuckling when we realized we did.

"Seriously, just get married already!" Lou joked, or I think he was anyway....

"You're completely right, Lou!" Niall said.

"He is?" We all chorused.

"Yep!" He replied turning to me, he held up a finger,  ran out of the room and up to his bedroom. Everyone was silent as we waited for him to return. When he did, he held something behind his back as he stopped in front of me. He slid down onto one knee and held something out in front of him.

"Maddy, will you marry me?" He asked as he held up... a ring pop. I let fake tears slide down my face as I nodded like crazy.

"Of course, Niall!" He slid the ring pop on my finger and jumped up. He pulled me into a hug and spun me around. As he let me down, we faced the shocked and confused faces of our friends.

"What?" I asked, bringing the ring pop up to my lips.

"A ring pop?" Zayn asked.

"Yep! The best ring ever!" I said in a sing-song voice.

"That awkward moment when I don't know if you're being serious or joking...." Harry mumbled.

"Oh, I'm being serious! I love ring pops!"

"Oh, Maddy. It's ok. You can have my room in the mental institution, I'll get another." Lou replied, patting my head. I rolled my eyes and grabbed the phone to order the pizza.