'Yes.'

~Niall's P.O.V still~

The door opened and I was now face to face with a girl I now had to ask on a fake date, even though I wanted it to be real.

"Hey." She said with a smile that instantly made me calm down, yet get more nervous at the same time. 

HOW IS THAT EVEN POSSIBLE?!?!

"Hey. Mind if I come in?" Yeah, casual. Just do this all casually. Don't let her see that YOU'RE ACTUALLY DYING INSIDE!!!

She laughs slightly, stepping to the side in response. Oh god, how am I going to do this? I can't do this, that's how! But she already knows you're going to ask her. I can't just ask her something completely irrelevant. God how I wish I could though.

'C'mon toughen up, Niall. You've already asked her. You can say it again without having a seizure, can't you?' 

No, brain. actually I can't. It's different asking her face-to-face than it is over the-

"You wanted to ask me something?" Maddy's sweet voice broke me from my reverie. I turned to face her, yet kept my eyes locked on the ground. With a lot of self-encouragement, I finally looked up at her.

"Louis doesn't think we are convincing the public enough." I say at first, waiting for her to nod her head in understanding before continuing.

"So, will you go on a fake date with me? To make it more believable?" I nearly choke over the word 'fake'. It kills me to think that this wouldn't be real. All of this effort for a fake date? Ridiculous! I've asked her this once before and I'm still not sure if she'll say-

"Yes."

"What?" I asked in disbelief.

"Yes, I'll go on a fake date with you. We hang out a lot already so it wouldn't be to weird to hang out with you in public, right? It's basically the same thing."

"Yeah, right." 

"Why are you acting so shocked that I agreed?" She asked me, confused.

Because this means more to me than you think.

"I don't know. I just kinda thought you didn't like the idea of the prank anyway, let alone want to make it more believable."

"At first, I'll admit that I didn't like the idea, but after a while I realized what I just told you, it's practically just like hanging out. I like hanging out with you, so fake dating you became more enjoyable." She explained, motioning me to follow her into another room. I did, leading me into the kitchen.

"I'm starved, what about you?  Do you want something to eat?" She asked heading to the fridge.

"Yeah, please." I answer shortly, not quiet over the aftershock. She looks at me weirdly before opening the door and searching around in there to find a decent meal.

After a few minutes, Maddy had found something for us to eat and making it, while I had FINALLY got over the shock and now talking easily with her.

"So how are you planning this to go down?" Maddy asked, standing at the stove as she flipped pancakes. Yes, it was the middle of the day and yes we are eating pancakes.

"What?" She laughs at my expression before explaining.

"The date? Don't tell me you asked me out and didn't have it planned?" She feigned shock and disappointment.

"Oh, yeah. No, I have it planned it's just... a surprise. Yeah, it's a surprise." I cover. 

"Right, sure it is, Niall." She laughs.