She's Mine: Chapter 28

Start from the beginning

"You gonna go home on time, Liza?" Troy asked, throwing caution to the wind and inching behind Eliza's chair to feel her shoulders.

"I plan on it," she smirked, staring at the top right corner reading "6:05".

Troy let his fingers steal a few seconds across the softness of her neck, "Alright, I have to go drop off some things for Helen before I come by to see you and the family."

Eliza shifted her head to the right, a sweet little smile on her face. Turning her head up to him, she saw the slight red across his cheekbones but focused on the lop-sided smile. She took both his hands from her shoulders and pulled them close to her lips.

He was quiet about his request, "Darlin'? May I have one kiss before I go?"

Troy didn't expect more than a peck, but Eliza kept his feet planted for almost a minute. When their lips lightly tore apart, his thumb slowly ran across the bottom of her wet lips.

Troy tried once more, staring at her mouth that left him feeling like a lush, "Promise to tell me what happened earlier?"

Finally, he heard what he wanted in a smooth tone that curled around his ears, "I promise."

He was seconds away from calling his sister and rescheduling. The honey in her eyes were so sweet, he couldn't turn away.

"Liza, tell me to go, or I'll never leave," he urged.

Her arms were still around his neck, and she commanded, "Troy. Go."

But he had no time to let go of her when she relentlessly locked their lips again. Troy held his tongue once again, kissing her on the forehead after their second exchange instead of speaking his mind.

Again, Eliza saw it. He was so close, but held back. There was no need to rush it, but she would be lying if she couldn't admit to herself that she was ready to hear it from him.

Troy had gone and the time read 6:25PM. It was time to wrap up the last of her emails and save her working files. She was minutes away from starting her journey back to Emmy and Lulu, until her office door opened.

Unannounced, Andrew had entered into her office. Her eyes converted the calm into the puzzled.

"Are you absolutely out of your mind?" Eliza spat.

Andrew and his pride strutted to her desk, "Why were you glaring at me like that this morning?"

She scoffed, "Still so upset after how many hours?"

"Stop derailing and answer the question, Liza," Andrew mocked.

"How dare you show your face in my office demanding to talk of anything personal," she growled.

He scoffed with a grin, reiterating, "This is precisely why I'm taking you to court over my daughter."

"And this is precisely why you're such a little bitch," Eliza spouted, not withholding her first thoughts thus surprising the man now gawking at her.

But Andrew was quick to rebound, "This doesn't make the case any easier for you. Aggressive engagement from the mother of my child? I thought you were smarter than that Eliza. But then again, it did take you no time to start fucking another one of your employee's, did it?"

With faux innocence, she angled her head and asked, "And what is the name of the man you are accusing me of entertaining?"

She could hear the growl vibrating from his throat while he stared back at her in fury, "That pussy, bitch."

"You sound mad," Eliza smiled.

Andrew clenched his fists and spat, "Mad about fucking and impregnating a desperate whore? Yeah! That's why I want goddamn custody of my kid."

His words were of no surprise, but his intuition to act alongside his verbal abuse was the reality of being one of the few employees left on the office floor.

"Remove yourself from my office," Eliza firmly demanded.

She had already alluded to dismissing him, turning away from the living mayhem and focusing on her computer screen.

"Look at me!" he barked, but Eliza tried to let the noise from her keyboard take priority.

Violently, his hands slammed onto wooden surface and ripped away at all the documents and stationaries on her desk. Folders and pages fluttered around and her pens flipped around the floor near a newly mangled landline.

Paralyzed in silent panic, she didn't turn or move a muscle. Her eyes shifted around her frozen hands, her first thoughts immediately on hoping that she would make it back to Emmy and Lulu unscathed. But her wishes to be untouched had come true. At least from the outside.

Andrew's voice had dropped into a menacing undertone, "I said... look... at... me."

People cared for her, so she cranked her head to the right.

His eye twitched and his voice quaked from the overwhelming rage, "I'm going to fucking run you into the ground you fat, pathetic slut. You're not going to take anything from me, do you understand?"

She didn't answer and he lunged out for her. Swift on her feet, Eliza's jacket escaped his brief grasp and she magnetized herself against the nearest wall. Her phone was in her hand and with shaking hands she held it high as a warning.

Andrew believed he was a man that left no stone unturned, and he made sure to assert his belief, slapping the back of her gift from Troy, leaving the picture of Eliza and Lulu face down and cracked.

The father of her child made his flurry of an exit, yanking open her door and letting it hit the back of her wall.

It was 6:30PM, but Eliza wasn't on her way home. She was still glued to the wall, thinking about the summons. There was no way that he didn't have friends in places of the law that granted him the privileges of an accelerated time to bring her into court, in less than thirty days. If Andrew had that much of the law on his side, then it was absolutely possible for Lulu to be in the hands of a vicious father.