Chapter 30

I awoke to a noise of rattling metal. It was not the sound of keys it was the sound of rattling hinges. I looked towards where I the trap door was. I physically I felt sore and filthy. Mentally I felt violated and broken. I looked at the door willing the person behind it to open it. "It's not going to open!" A male voice called out in Japanese.
"The woods swollen it's not going to open, we should move on." Another replied also in Japanese.
"Help!" I yelled out in Japanese. My throat burned and my voices sounded groggy and strained.
"There's someone down there." The first man said continuing to try and pull the door open.
"I'll call for help." The second called to the first as they walked out to get better reception.

"Are you okay?" The guy who was trying to get the door opened asked through the wood ceiling.
"No. I-I can feel my legs." I called out as loud as I could. Tears were falling down my face as I realised that those men had come back while I was passed out and beat me.
"Call for medics as well." The guy who was helping me called out to his partner.
"Already done." His partner said. "Are you Elliot D'alessio?" He asked.
"Yes," I answered.
"Elliot, I'm Mark and my partner is Lukas, we are going to get you out there all you have to do is stay conscious. Can you so that?" The first guy asked.
"I can do that." I yelled as loudly as I could back at them fighting off tiredness that was trying to consume me.

Eventually some more people arrived and they got the door open the medics came down untied me and place me on a stretcher before covering my bare body with a blanket. All I could feel was immense pain in my lower back. "My-my back," I stammered out to a medic. She gave me a sympathetic smile as she pushed me into the back of an ambulance. They gave me anaesthetic and put me to sleep during the journey to the hospital.