Enemy

During 5th and 6th grade I decided I hated this other flute player. I had been the tallest for years! She came along and took that from me. I was very competitive with hight... For some reason... She also was better at playing the flute. I hated her and wanted to beat her some how!!! In 7th grade she stopped growing as much and I shot up. I was taller! I decided that there was actually no reason for me to hate her. I didn't actually know her. I decided maybe I should talk to her, see what she likes.
I spoke up to her during band class and told her she was awesome at the flute! Eventually our friendship spiraled out of control. We had so many inside jokes! We hung out often!
In 8th grade we were put in most of the same classes. We would get in trouble for talking often. Sometimes we would sit in class and imagine our teacher with 80's hair band hair! XD We worked together on every project! One extremely memorable one was an Edgar Alan Poe modernized song and music video! After this project, her mom decided I was satanic! She didn't want her child and I to work together or hang out or be anywhere near each other. She even called our teachers. Her child and I still hung out at school. One of the teachers said to her (my friend) that she would never do that to us!
I'm not sure what her mom thinks of me now... She's not sure either! Her mom will wave to me and wants to give me shoes... I guess that means we're fine!?