The Favour

Matt's POV
It's been 3 hours maybe more and Laura is still out cold, she was lucky that guy didn't do worse damage, a few broken ribs and a sprained wrist its lucky Mouse jumped in. Poor Mouse hasn't been his usually cheery self plus he had busted his hand up badly. He has been here all day  more than anyone and when I send him home here was texting to see if there is any change. I think he blames himself even though it is not his fault. Ann-Marie has visited her and has said the guy who attacked looks and sounds a lot like her ex. But we can't do anything till Laura wakes and ID's him. Jesse has the bra boys on look out for him, I just can't believe how everyone has come aboard to help. I think Laura is like our young fragile sister and as her brothers we have to look out for her no matter what. " Leave me alone, how did you find me, help me please someone" Laura was coming around but sobbing out these words I call the Dr in and I hugged her telling her she was ok " Laura it's Matt, you ok no one is going to hurt you, your in hospital, you were attacked by some guy". She relaxed and fell back asleep

Laura's POV
I could hear distant male voice but didn't recognise them, I thought one was Matt's but I was too tired to care, when I did come around my head thumped but not a headache or migraine, my ribs were so sore and my wrist was heavy. I didn't recognise where I was, but then I remembered the tower, losing the plot at Mouse, running into the carpark and the voice his voice, "leave me alone, how did you find me, help me please someone " then I felt two arms wrap gentle around me "Laura it's Matt, you ok no one is going to hurt you, your in hospital, you were attacked by some guy". I felt safe and fell back asleep.

When I woke again I saw Matt "hey your awake, how do you feel, body wise, I'll go get the Dr, Nic is on her way with the boys, she is bringing some stuff for you" he said as he disappeared to get the Dr. They came back and I lied through my teeth saying I was fine and could I go home. The Dr agreed as long as some stated with me. Matt looked at me sympathetically. Nic arrived with Maxi and Jesse, I was delighted to see her. Maxi looked at me as if I died and Jesse looked angry, "guys I'm alive that's all that matters, just get me outta her please" they nodded and went to get car. Nic helped me get dressed the pain was excruciating but I didn't show, but some how Nic knew " Laura you cannot always pretend to be brave, you are human",and she hugged me. We went to find the guys and went home. I went straighten to bed my bed and fell into a deep sleep.

Nicola's POV
My phone beep I nearly jumped I was still in shock after the carpark incident, poor Laura. Myself, Maxi and Jesse had stopped at Laura's to grab some stuff when the text came through about her being awake in a state and gone back asleep. So I told the guys we better go. When we arrived Laura was awake and some how bribed Matt and the Dr into letting her go home, but at least she was awake. I knew it was a cover and told her that she didn't need to pretend all the time to be brave because she is human. She hugged me and went to find the guys. We got back to her and I helped to bed giving her the painkillers Dr had prescribed, she had only hit pillow and was fast asleep. I went to living room and the guys were arguing "who is going to stay with her next week when We're not here, Matt Maxi and I will be at the logies, Nic is going to Bali on vacation and your promoting FTW on the Gold Coast", I could see Matt had thought this through, but he said he'd figure it out. "How? I don't know" is all he said. The guys left and Matt said "are you here for a bit I might have solved the problem, but I need to go out for a bit, give me shout if you need me" I told him no bother but hope this solution would work.

Mouse's POV
I had gone home from the hospital Matt made me, he could see I was shattered and my hand was hurting like hell, but truth be known it was worth the punch, and since Laura hadn't woken, I agreed as long as he promised to let me know as soon as something changed. I had just got out of shower and lying on the bed checking messages, one from Nic telling me not to blame myself I'm the hero cause God only knows what could have happened if I didn't break protocol and not follow her, there was one from Jesse asking me was I ok and how was the hand, Hoppo also sent a message to say I could do tower duty till hand heals and had tomorrow off. Then I got one new message from Matt " she is awake mate, she woke shortly after you left in hysterics, fell back asleep but woke up looking to go back to her place, we're here now Jesse and Maxi just gone, she is in bed asleep, Nic staying with her, we have small problem and need your help can I call over?" I do anything anytime to help her so I Answered yeah mate see you in a bit bra. I then waited for Matt. Soon enough there was a knock on my door, "hey bra, come, fancy a beer, so what's going on"

Matt's POV
I took a beer sat on Mouse's couch " hey bra your not heading away or anywhere or have plans in the next two week?" Mouse shook his head, " look I hate to ask but, as you've been so good with this whole situation, but we have run into a big big problem, Nic is on vacation next week, the guys are going to the Logies and I'm down the Gold Coast promoting FTW, and we feel it's not the time to leave Laura on her own, we can't bring her cause she is not ready" Mouse just nodded in agreement to everything I said, "mate can you stay with Laura?" He looked blankly at me "Matt mate do you remember anything from today do you remember the last time I was left alone with her!, she doesn't like me for starters, she ended up in hospital, and I punched a guy, something I've never done before" I agreed but feel he is the best and only option as all the other were going to Logies or were going on vacation,and out of the ones left he was the best solution, " Mouse I can't possibly expect Jethro or Gonzo to mind her, but there way too immature, Reidy is too busy training for some marathon, Bish is up to his eyes with his wedding plans and working in the station and tower, look if it's any consolation Hoppo said Staceylou would lend a hand when she can, Whippet and Deano said Gina and Lili would do the cookin, shopping" He sat there, I thought he was going to punch me too, but thankfully he didn't, "Mouse all you have to do is mind her, that's all be there for her and don't let anything or anyone hurt her". I sat waiting for an answer he was thinking it true. After what seemed like infinity he said yeah but if it got bad he was gone. I thanked him to,d him to drop by in morning and went back to tell Nic.

Mouse's POV
Wtf did I just agree to, I just hope I don't make a balls of it. I set my alarm for the morning and went to bed, but I couldn't sleep , every time I shut my eyes I saw him punch her and kick her. I got up and watch TV for awhile, I must of dozed off cause next thing alarm went off, I got up had quick shower and breakfast. I text Matt to say I was on the way and that I'd bring coffee, he text me the address, so on the way I pulled into Starbucks and got coffee and muffins. When I got there Nic answered the door "hey Mouse, Matt's just jumped into shower he'll be a few minutes and Laura has just woken up, she'll be down in a minute." I gave Nic a hug and we went into lounge " she does know the plan, that I'm watching over her for next couple of day, Matt did tell her didn't he?" "I don't think he did Mouse, I think he is telling her when she is up". Matt arrived into lounge "oh Starbucks and coffee yum, thanks bra, now we'll just wait for lura to join us she'll be down in five". For someone just out of hospital god she was more beautiful than ever, but I could see the envey and hatred in those piercing blue eye the same hatred as the day before, she look at Matt and Nic like she had been betrayed again, "hey Laura, I brought coffee and muffins" she just glared at me like I had stabbed her "excuse me but wtf is going on in my house, why is HE, here and Mouse what makes you think I need coffee a and muffin, I need nothing, nothing from you, them and definitely nothing anyone so get out and take your f***king crap coffee and muffins", omg what just happened.

Matt' POV
Holy crap what just happened all Mouse did was bring muffins and coffee, he and Nic had gone into kitchen leaving me with Laura " explain to me what just happened, that guy my friend, 1 saved you from you ex yesterday, 2 Sat all day in hospital to see if you were ok and finally he brought coffee and muffins and you blow your lid??"
L"Matt I don't need you, of him or any man to look after me I'm perfectly fine and able, no I think you should all leave".
M"Laura we are not leaving and I think yesterday proves you are not fine and you need someone to watch over you, that's why Mouse is here, I'm down the Gold Coast all next week with FTW, Maxi and Jesse are gone to the Logies and Nic is going on vacation, and I'm we're not leaving you by yourself"
L" what mouse look after me, eh no thanks I'd rather after myself than the black cloud!"
M" look it's like this either I cancel my FTW Promo tour and mind you, which I know ain't happening OR mouse keep an eye on you, so what's it's going to be????"
L"you've got to be kidding come on Matt, please"
M"no Laura you have 10 mins to decide, 10 mins!"
I just hope she agrees she couldn't be that selfish, could she after everything I've done for her so far. Well she has 10 mins to decide. It seemed liked the longest 10 mins ever.

A/n hope you enjoyed, I'll have another chapter tomorrow.
Keep voting and commenting xxxxx TIA for reading