The aftermath

A/n I'm introducing maxi & Jessie into this chapter but will do their POV's together or in the format M-      J-. And I'll see how it works for now. And anything Laura's ex has done to her is true, so don't give out to me please xxx tia

I woke the next morning my head pounding I looked around trying to focus and catch a figure sitting on the chair on their phone, "hey pet, I'm Nicola, but call me Nic, thank god your awake we were extremely worried about you, last night after you collapsed Matt got himself in some stare blaming himself for this mess ". I looked blankly at her knowing what had happened but wonder how is this his fault, it's my fault I should have never come to Australia in the first place, i should be here I didn't want to be here. I think Nic knew what I was thinking and for some strange reason I felt at easy , and that was when the flood gates opened, I just couldn't stop them, " I can't trust any man every again all men are scum all want the same thing and don't care about us", I sobbed and sobbed till I think I drift off to sleep with exhaustion.

Nicola's POV
What just happened I was shocked to think a beautiful young woman could think that about 1: herself and 2: men in general, omg, I sat thinking how can we help her she has been through too much and so much but she needs help, and we FTW can help....hopeful. I went out to lounge Matt was there he looked tired and worried " Nic I heard crying what happened, is she ok?" I told him to relax and filled him in, we came to the conclusion that her trust in men doesn't exist anymore and her attitude is why should I try if no1 else does. Matt asked me if I could hold the forth as he had to work, I agreed as I was off and could sense that Laura hadn't finished opening up to me, but why?

Matt's POV
I had to go to work but knew if we both left that was it the end of the helping, chatting and getting to know Laura in a better way. I made Nic to promise to ring/ text if she need anything or if anything happen. All day Laura played on my mind I knew I'd have to come up with a long term plan as I won't all be off work and either would Nic, this would be a problem she was in know frame of mind to be alone at the moment. I thought long and hard about my next move, who better to ask only the two guys who are headspace ambassadors and great friends Maxi and Jessie, just hope Laura doesn't blow her top again. I text Nic and told her my idea and text Jessie and Maxi told them to meet me at the bucket list after work.

Laura POV
When I woke I looked at my phone to see it was lunchtime, I got up and was met by Nic making lunch " hey Hun, you're awake, would you like a sandwich? I just nodded, she didn't say another thing just made the sand which and two cups of coffee, I broke the silence " why are you still here, I don't need any help I'm fine, I'm just feeling sorry for myself." Nic just looked at me but I knew she could see through me, "Laura, you might think you don't need our help, and that is fine, but Matt knows when some needs help and only helps those who are willing to let them help, and this situation frightens Matt as it's slightly like his sister situation but sadly Matt couldn't help her and blames himself big big time". I just sat there in shock that's why he cares so much I had completely forgotten about that what a selfless b***h I was, he had just been put in this situation without agreeing. I needed a shower so told Nic I was going to take one, before I left she said Matt would be back after and bringing to friends, friends that knew what my head felt like. Before I left the room I don't know why or what made me, but I hugged her, she just assured me "Laura we are here to help you and will, go enjoy a long hot shower and we'll take more after".

Nicola's POV
Laura had just gone for her shower, I quickly text Matt telling her about the hug and that she seemed fine about Maxi and Jessie, I told him it's a small step for us but a big one for her.  He text back saying how relieved. I  cleaned up a bit as the place hadn't been done in a few days. I sat on the couch waiting for the boys, Laura reappeared we talked some more about her ex and the fact he had drink problems and the fact she lived in constant fear, waiting to see what state he arrive home in  and  the bull she'd have to deal with, God the poor girl, he hit her once and head butted her another  and scrounged off her leaving her to pay rent feed them and pay all the bills and could never hold down a job. What sort of man was he, a dead man if I ever laid eyes on him and if Matt knew then he was surely dead! Any man I knew treated a girl like a princess, especially all the lifeguards. She looked tired after the chat, so I made coffee for us both and found some chocolate, all girls best friend. We sat for next half hour watch TV and just chatting like we knew each other for years. The key soon turned its the door it was Matt, I saw Laura's face drop/change a frightened look appeared as if something bad happened, "Laura it's ok, I promise as long as I'm around no man will ever hurt you again and I can safely say the same for these three and all the lifeguards," I say her relax but remain very cautious I knew what was going through her head after chatting to her, I think I know why she is quite around Matt and why she is afraid, she thinks he will be like her ex, but hopefully she can trust him now, and start building her confidence.

Matt's POV
Walking in the door I felt an uneasy presence, Laura's piercing eyes piercing through the me and the guys, but why did Nic tell me she had been chilled and relaxed all day, I thought oh sh1t it's a repeat of the other day. I could see Nic making some sort of gestures and mouthing something to me, but couldn't figure out what was going on. I could feel my phone in my pocket vibrating with a text some I look , it's Nic "MATT I FIGURED OUT WHY YOUR GETTING COLD SHOULDER SGE FRIGHTENED OF MEN, ALL MEN, ILL EXPLAIN LATER, BUT SHE THINKS YOUR DRUNK, I KNOW YOUR NOT."  I step forward "Laura this is Maxi and Jessie, you probably know that already but they are hear to help too, because they want to. The guys have been through similar thoughts/situations like you and both work as ambassadors in headspace, I won't always be here due to work and FTW commitments so you need to have back ups for bad days, and Bert and Ernie are just the perfect too, plus they need minding to". Out of the blue Laura hugged me and whispered thank you and then started laughing " Bert and Ernie ha". Myself And Nic left Laura to chat to Maxi and Jessie to chat, but at the same time I sensed the fear in her, Nic told her she'd be all right but shout if they need anything.

Maxi- " Laura were so happy to finally meet you, Matt is so taken by you and your situation, probably because you remind him of his sister, I only know the minor parts but when your ready to chat were hear to listen.
Jesse-" Yeah basically what Maxi says delighted to meet you, just one think you need to tell Maxi to shut up at times so please do"
M/J- Well we better be heading, seeing you soon, Laura". Jessie went to shake hands, but was very reluctant, when I tried I got the same reception so Jessie says " please trusted us, so we can help you, I promise no man will lay a finger on you again" she seemed to ease and went to hugs us both. We gave her our numbers and left.

Matt POV
Once in the kitchen Nic filled me in on everything Laura had told her bout her ex, what was I getting into. I told Nic I was hoping to Mouse's my best friend who knew everything about me, I needed to clear my head, all day in work he knew this was bringing back painful memories of my sister. I had been keeping Mouse informed about Laura, he seemed to care about her even though he had never met her. The boys had just gone and I told Laura I was going to Mouses and had work in morning, so I wouldn't be back, but Nic would bring her to tower in morning as she was working in afternoon and Jesse was off so he'd stay with her till I or Nic were finished. "No problem Matt, and thanks again, I don't deserve any help from anyone, so please don't stop your life for me", she hugged me. At least that's a started. Onwards and upwards from here.......I hope

Laura's POV
When the boys and Matt left I went to bed i heard Nic going into spare room shortly and that's when the thoughts started to flow, but why where the boys helping me, what did they want from me, "sex, to abuse you, to use you, treat you like sh1t" the voices played in my head until I fell asleep.

HOPE YOU LIKED THE CHAPTER PLEASE LEAVE YOU COMMENTS OR IDEAS XXX TIA Laura

It can't get any worse.......जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें