Nine Boys...- Chapter 14

Start from the beginning

    When Daemon pulled away, Derek offered an explanation from where he sat on the couch. "One thing to remember about an Alpha mate, they will tease about bedding someone else just to get a rise out of you. Your mother does it all the time with me. They just wanted to raise our heckles for our possessive reactions alone."

    Daemon frowned. "You just wanted to do that?"

    Shrugging, I grinned. "You were getting too mushy and cocky. I had to kick a growl out of you."

    His lips crashed into mine. "God! I love you." My heart beat sped up hearing those deep words fall easily from his lips. I opened my mouth to say something, but someone stomping into the room saved me from saying anything.

    Our eyes went to Mason, Derek's second, as he stumble to a halt seeing me. A look of shock flashing across his eye very fast you would have missed it if you blinked. "I heard there was an incident on your trip. I came to see how everyone was." Something about that statement felt off coming from him. I felt the same thing about him as I do Clare. The urge to rise up and make him bow while he was cowering at me feet.

    "We are quite lucky. My ward being the only one needing time to mend their wounds." Derek said looking at me sadly.

    "Ni..." My brother Nick popped his head through the door to the kitchen. "What'd you want to drink?"

    Mason's jaw dropped seeing my brother. Derek quickly took hold of the situation and introduced my brother. "Ah Mason, we had been delighted in finding my ward's brother whom we all thought had died. Oddly enough his name is Nick as is one of my sons. He is Nina's twin brother."

    My brother came in and held out his hand with his chin raised. "You can just call me Claw instead of Nick." He turned his head and stuck his tongue out at me and I smiled.

    Mason lifted an eyebrow amused. "Claw?"

    My brother shrugged as he turned away from Mason who glared at me brother. Derek stepped between the two. "You must understand Mason that neither were taught about wolf etiquette growing up. Please look pass anything till I've had a chance to teach them our way."

    Mason's nostrils and his eyes flashed for a split second before he clenched his jaw and nodded. "See that you teach them soon. Especially that female ward of yours." He spun on his heels and stormed out.

    Daemon had to grabbed my brother from going after Mason. "How dare he talk about my sister that way!" Nick growled out. I need to start calling him Claw so no one gets confused.

    "Calm down Brother. I hate how he talks about her too, but they still don't know many things. One being that I've found my mate in her. Second, which we can't tell them, is that your both royal wolves. He's still under the notion that his daughter will become my wife without my mate in the picture..." Daemon looked down at me.

    "What is it?" Derek asked as I saw Daemon's eyes have the look of reliving something.

    "The rogues..." He turned to his father. "They had centered themselves around Nina. You don't think...?"

    Derek's eyes flashed for a second at the unspoken accusation. "Tread lightly son. I know there was talk about that after my best friend's death through a rogue attack, but nothing came of it. There was no evidence back then to prove either way."

    Claw looked back and forth between Daemon and his father before shaking his head. "What did I do that pissed him off?" He pointed to the doorway Mason left through.

    Derek sighed as turned to Claw thankful for the reprieve. "You turned your back on him. That is an offense to most of the wolf community. You practically told him you don't think him a threat in the slightest."