Epilogue

I squeezed past a few people to get back to my seat next to Morgana. She smiled at me as I got to her, handing me my camera.
"You didn't miss much, they nearly got a try, but Thomas tackled the guy out the way and kicked it half way down the pitch," she explained.
"Cheers!" I thanked her, "I really needed that wee."
"No problem, Gwen," she grinned back at me, focusing on the game.
As well as playing for the school team, some of our best Rugby players were part of a minor league team that played throughout the year. We weren't the best team out there, but everyone had a heart for playing Rugby and enjoyed being on the pitch- an attitude that floated into the spectators and supporters of the Camelot Town team. Arthur, Elyan and Leon were playing and Merlin was on the subs bench, ready for action. Surprisingly, we were winning, 20 to 6. The other team were at the bottom of the league table though so it wasn't a great surprise at the point margin.
Arthur has fully recovered from his stab wound and after two months not playing a proper game of Rugby, was back on the pitch with his usual force. Leon took captaincy of the game this time round, but he and the coach were confident Arthur could take back that role soon enough. Elyan was a fierce full-back and was stopping a lot of the opposing team from scoring a try.
Ten minutes passed, and the game was up. We had won, a great result for us and an even better one for Arthur and his first game back. Morgana and I jumped down to the pitch to greet the boys, she went straight for Leon while I headed over to Arthur.
"That was great, Arthur!" I grinned as I hugged him in greeting.
"Thanks," he replied, "I loved being back on the pitch. I don't like not playing."
"I know, you've been complaining for two months every time we go to a game. You had to get better first."
Arthur just grunted at me in response, a cheeky twinkle in his eye. "Smart ass," he told me, before grinning and kissing me gently.
"It's why you love me!" I grinned back after pulling away from him. I gave him another gentle kiss, then wiggled out his grip to go find my oaf of a brother.
"Oh no you don't!" Arthur protested, easily stopping me from leaving by reattaching his arms to my waist and pulling me back. "You don't get away from me that quickly, Gwen!"
Giggling, I turned to face Arthur. He had one of his infectious grins on his face again, making me smile like an idiot as well. "Let me go! I need to talk to Elyan," I struggled to get out of Arthur's grip, but he was too strong and I was laughing too much.
"Nope! You're staying right here." Arthur replied easily, tightening his grip. "For once, things are pretty perfect."
"Oh," I said in surprise. Arthur hadn't been positive and bubbly like this in a long time. It was a surprise, but a nice one, "how so, my dear?"
"Well, my love, I shall tell you," he started with a smirk, "I've won my first game back of Rugby, I've got the best ever bunch of crazies that I can call my friends for life, and my Queen. My beautiful Queen that I love very much."
Just as I was about to reply, Merlin classically ruined the moment by yelling over at us, "Oi, Arthur, quit being soppy and get ya butt here for debrief!"
Arthur rolled his eyes, "but I don't know why that crazy is my friend. He's easily the most obnoxious boy on the planet."
"I can think of one who is more obnoxious than Merlin," I stated offhandedly. "You!" I poked Arthur's nose with a smirk.
"Charming," Arthur snorted.
"I know. Go on, or he'll burst a blood vessel." I shooed Arthur to the huddle of muddy Rugby players. He shook his head at me before releasing me from his comfortable hold and ran over to the team, playfully punching Merlin when he got there. Smiling at the boyish encounter, I walked over to the drinks stand to grab a cup of tea, and wandered back to my seat where Morgana was sat, drinking her own steaming drink.
"I forgot how happy you could make Arthur," she commented with a smile as I plopped down next to her, a grin plastered across my face. "I haven't seen him like that since Mum deteriorated."
"Neither have I," I agreed, "it's nice to see him back to his old self. And speaking of which, what's with you and Leon?"
Morgana ducked her head, biting her lip and blushing, "I- er- we erm," she stuttered, "he treated me to dinner a couple of weeks after we got back from Camlann Forest. He told me he liked me, then kissed me."
"Awwww!" I squealed happily, "my OTP is finally canon!"
Morgana playfully pushed me, laughing as she did so. She was smiling happily like Arthur had been- with her own brand of infectious grins. Seeing the Pendragon's so happy was great, especially after the year they've had. Even Uther had been happier in the last few weeks, and seeing as he had unsurprisingly taken Ygraine's death the hardest, it was lovely to see. It's been a crazy few months, but things were finally settling down.
Who said life at Camelot High was dull?
Here's to the next adventure!