One

Mr Pendragon called to me as I walked to class this morning. "Guinevere, would you come with me for a moment?"
"Of course, sir," I nodded politely. Outside of school Mr Pendragon was a very nice man, but in school when he was the headmaster of Camelot High, you don't dare cross him. "How can I help you?"
"We have a new student starting today, I was hoping that you'd let him shadow you until he finds some friends. Introduce him to Arthur, Gwaine and your bunch," Mr Pendragon explained with a gruff smile.
"I'd be happy to, sir," I answered with a small smile.
"Excellent, come with me," he said, turning and striding off down the corridor. I glanced back at my Chemistry classroom, but figured that Gaius wouldn't mind if I missed the start of class if I told him it was Mr Pendragon that had pulled me out of class. I wasn't technically supposed to call Gaius his name, but he was my best mates guardian, and he hated being called by his teacher name. Merlin found it hilarious that everyone called Gaius, Gaius anyway, him included, but even Arthur and Morgana are scared to call their father Uther, and it's their own father! Even I called him Mr Pendragon, and I was Arthur's girlfriend.
I followed Mr Pendragon down the corridor to the reception obediently and waited outside while he fussed about in his office before he strode towards Cedric at reception. Stood at the reception was an averagely built guy with messy jet black hair and alert blue eyes watching his surroundings nervously.
"Guinevere, this is Lancelot, the newest addition to the student body. He's in most of your classes," Mr Pendragon gestured first at me, then at the new lad. "I hope you have an enjoyable time here at our school," he addressed Lancelot, before turning abruptly on his heel and marching away to deal with whatever it is he dealt with as head teacher.
"Mr Pendragon takes some getting used too!" I chuckled, hoping my comment would break the ice.
"He strikes me as an interesting man," Lancelot grinned. Now, this Lancelot was an attractive chap, but his grin, wow- stop it Guinevere! You have a boyfriend. "Nice to meet you, Guinevere."
"Please, call me Gwen," I smiled, offering a hand for him to shake. "But it's nice to meet you too, Lancelot."
"It's Lance, please," He grimaced. "I hate the name Lancelot. Everyone in my last school called me Lottie."
"Ouch," I cringed. "If it's any consolation, I was called Noo-Noo until Year 8."
"Why?" Lance frowned at me.
"The 'Noo' sound in Guinevere," I replied offhandedly, emphasising the sound I was talking about. "Aren't High School kids lovely?!"
"Oh, yeah, a bundle of laughs," Lance laughed.
"Well, we better get to Chemistry. Gaius will think I've flushed myself down the toilet!"
"You call him Gaius?"
"Technically I'm not supposed too, but he's my best friend's Merlin's guardian and like a grandpa to all of us. He doesn't like Mr Williams anyway. Come on, hope you like walking long winding corridors for miles on end," I grinned, beckoning for Lance to follow me, waving a goodbye to Cedric on reception.

*/*/*

Lunch time rolled around fairly quickly and before I knew it, I was introducing Lancelot to my friends.
"Hey guys!" I enthused as I sat down in the middle of three empty seats, Lance sat to the left of me.
"Oi, oi! Gwen!" Merlin grinned at me, flicking a chip at me, as usual.
"Every time, Merlin, seriously!" I moaned. "You're annoying!"
"Oh, please! You love me," he smirked at me sappily. If I hadn't known the buffoon since Nursery, he'd have received many black eyes for the cheeky comments he makes. "Who's ya friend?"
"Oh, sorry. Guys this is Lance. He's just joined the school," I answered quickly, momentarily forgetting about the bemused looking new kid next to me. "This is Morgana, Merlin, Gwaine, Leon, Percival and Elyan," I pointed to each of them in turn, who gave a jovial wave to Lancelot in greeting. "Where's Arthur?"
"Arguing with his dad probably. You know what they're like," Gwaine shrugged. "If he wasn't Mr Pendragon's own son, then I'm sure he would have been suspended five years ago!"
"We weren't even here five years ago, Gwaine you turnip!" Elyan laughed. "He's talking to Mrs Calmon about some piece of homework, he'll be out in a minute."
"Mr Pendragon's son comes here?" Lance asked in surprise.
"Yeah," Merlin shrugged. "Gaius teaches me and I still come here! Besides, Arthur is nothing like his father."
"Oh please, quit with the man love! He's my sister's boyfriend for goodness sakes!" Elyan groaned, burying his head in his hands.
"Seriously, Elyan, it's fine. Arthur's love for Merlin is no secret!" I smirked back at him, winking secretly to my best friend who returned it and grinned silently. Elyan grimaced at me, making the whole table laugh.
Just then, Arthur slouched into the room, with a nice shiner on his face. I rolled my eyes at the sight, sending him a small smile as he walked over to us.
"What have you done to yourself, Arthur?" I asked him as he sat beside me.
"Mordred," he grunted in reply, looking grumpy.
"You and that damn cousin of yours," Leon rolled his eyes. "What happened this time?"
"My mother," Arthur grunted again. "What else would it be?"
"Oh, Arthur..." I sighed. I hate that he fights with his family, but Arthur's mother is a very touchy subject, so normally I let it slide. I gave him a hug and pecked him on the check. "What did he say?"
"All the normal stuff," He replied, leaning into me. "Who's this?" He frowned, looking past me and at Lancelot.
"Oh, this is Lance. He's a new student," I smiled, sliding my hand up to Arthur's shoulder, massaging it gently.
"I'm Arthur Pendragon. Stay away from my cousin Mordred. Welcome to Camelot High."