Chapter 11 Days of Darkness

Gandalf said it would take about three days in the Mines. I can't wait! Not really. If there is anything I hate more than snow, it's complete darkness. And we were gonna be in darkness for three days straight.

"Are you ok?" Legolas asked me as we made sight of what I thought was the Mines.

"Umm ye-yea yea, I'm fine." I lied.

"No your not. I can tell through your eyes your not fine." He gently took my hand. I blushed and looked down. He tilted my chin and starred right into my eyes. We stopped walking and let the Fellowship go ahead of us.

Bella, what's wrong?" He asked more sternly.

"It's embarrassing." I whispered.

"It's ok, you can tell me anything." He gave a reassuring smile. I laughed a little then sighed.

"Ok, I just HATE the darkness. I mean night darkness isn't bad. But complete darkness like in mines is horrible for me."

"You'll be fine. I promise. And besides ill be there with you the whole time." He put his arms around my waist and I put mine on his neck.

"I love you." I said.

"I love you too." He whispered. We rested out foreheads together. He quickly kissed me.

"Hey lovebirds! We need to get into the Mines." Aragorn called. I laughed against Legolas' lips and pulled back.

"I hate him." I said.

We walked hand-in-hand to where everyone else was standing. I rolled my eyes at Aragorns smirk.

"Now I just need the right password." Gandalf muttered. He began chanting ancient languages, but nothing happened.

After minutes of chanting he sat down and rested for a bit.

"It's no use." He said.

Merry and Pippin were throwing rocks into the lake.

"Gentleman, do not disturb the waters."Aragorn said.

Suddenly Frodo stood.

"What is the elvish name for friend?" He asked no one in particular.

"Mellon." Gandalf replied.

The two stone doors opened with a creak.

"Ah of course!" Gandalf said.

We all scurried inside. But before we could all make it inside, there was a huge grumbling noise and then a scream. I turned around to see a huge octopus-looking type thing, hanging Frodo by his legs!

"Legoals, do something!" I yelled. At the same time, we pulled out our bow and arrows and shot them at the monster. He let out groans and finally dropped Frodo. Boromir caught him and we raced inside. Before thinking about turning back the monster crashed into the rocks and they came crashing down. We were trapped.

"We now have to face the long and dark road of Moria." Gandalf stated.

All I could think about; darkness. It was all around me! The only light we had came from Gandalfs staff.

Legolas took my hand and squeezed it. I smiled big and let out a comfortable sigh. I always felt so relaxed with him.

"Soon Master elf, you will have the hospitallity of the dwarves! This belongs to my cousin Balin. They call it a mine." Gimli said as we starting walking again. I took one more step and it made a lound crunching sound. Stepped back, startled.

"This is no mine. It's a tomb!" Boromir shouted. Gimli gasped in horror at the sight of all the bones and skeletons on the ground.

I could feel my stomach turning.

"I'm gonna be sick." I gagged.

"Would you like me to carry you?" Legolas asked.

"Oh no Legolas, you don't have to do that." I replied.

"Really, it's fine." He picked me up wedding style and carried me on. I smiled and snuggled into his chest.

"Comfy?" He asked.

"Very." I said. He laughed at me.

I think I fell asleep for a couple of hours because when I opened my eyes I was on the ground.

"Miss Bella, We're stopped so Gandalf can figure out what way to take." A filmiliar voice told me. There's only one person who calls me Miss Bella.

"Oh ok, thank you Sam." He smiled and nodded. I took in my surroundings, there were three passage ways in front of us, and everyone was either trying to sleep on the ground or whispering with eachother.

Legolas stood from where he was sitting and walked over to me.

"Hi." He said.

"Hey. How long was I asleep?" I asked.

"Umm about three hours." He answered.

"Oh."

"Ah huh!" Gandalf yelled. "It's that one!" He said pointing to a tunnel.

We all followed him into the dark path.

There was a gleam of light coming out of a room.

Gimli ran ahead of the group and into the room. We raced after him. He was sobbing at-what-looked like a tomb.

"Here lies Balin. So he is dead." Gandalf said. He picked up a book on the side of the tomb and began to read, but I don't pay much attention.

".... We cannot get out, they are coming." Is all I heard.

I was snapped out of my thoughts when I heard a bang and clang. I snapped my head to Pippin standing over a well. The bangs continued for a few moments until it stopped.

"Fool of a Took! Throw yourself in next time and rid us of your stupidity!" Gandalf exclaimed. Pippin looked really guilty.

There was light drumming in the distance. Something was coming.

"Orcs!" Sam yelled as Frodo pulled out his sword that glowed blue.

"Legolas, Aragorn, Boromir, Bella, protect the gate!" Gandalf cried.

We blocked the giant doors while the others stood guard. Hard banging began on the door and it got worse and worse.

"Great, they have a cave troll." Boromir said sarcastically.

The doors swung open and hit me square on the head.

"Bella!" I heard Legolas scream, before everything went back and I passed out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

DUN DUN DUNNNNN! What's gonna happen? Is Bella ok? You will just have to wait and see;p Comment, vote and tell me what you think!

Eat your veggies and stay away from drugs!!!

Luff you all!<3