The Rangers

The Rangers (Lord of the

Rings) 

Part 1 The Fellowship of the Ring

Chapter 1 The Departure

Prologue

"Mommy, you will come back for us right?" She hesitated before she answered.  

"You will be safe with your brother. He will protect you no matter what happens." I glanced over to my half-asleep brother lying on a bench. "I must go now. I will be back again someday, don't worry." My mother kissed my forehead and walked down the stone path. I sat on the bench that my brother was on.  

"A-Aragorn, will we see mommy again?" I asked with tears in my eyes.  

"I'm not sure Bella, we will just have to wait and see." He mumbled from lack of sleep. I pushed those thoughts away and tried to relax. A man walked out of a building. He had long dark brown hair and was dressed in robes. He walked towards us slowly.  

"Bella, Aragorn, please come, you are weary from your journey. We will have rooms for you to sleep in." We walked into the tall buildings and into a room with two beds.  

"You shall sleep here for now." He motioned for us to lie down. Aragorn immediately fell asleep,but I stayed awake trying to figure out what just happened. Our mom just left us in a strange place with no one that we know. Where was she? What was she doing? 

'All will become clear soon, child.' 

A voice whispered to me. I looked over to Aragorn, but he was still sleeping. As I thought, I drifted into an uneasy sleep.  

-76 years later Bella's POV

"Estel, where are you going?" Elrond's filmiliar voice rang through my ears.  

"I must seek Gandalf. He has summoned me and I need to find him for answers." Aragorn (or Estel as the elves called him) 

"But Aragorn, you promised you would never leave me again. Why do you must leave now?" I asked with tears about to overthrow eyes.  

"Bella, y-you know why I must leave. I have to, and you know I do-" 

"Then let me come with!" I cut him off. "I do not want to lose you again. I am coming with. I know why you are leaving, I can come and help you on your adventure." 

"No, if you died Bella, I-I couldn't go on." 

"It was not a question, I am coming wether you like it or not. I am a good fighter, I did learn from the best." I smiled gently hoping he would take the weak compliment. He sighed and looked at his horse.  

"If you must come, let's go."  

"Yes! Let me change and get my swords." I squealed. Wait, I never squeal, I must be really excited. I bounded up the steps and into my room. I always wanted to go on an adventure and now I finally get to. I grabbed my sword, hunting knife, my bows and arrows. I quickly changed into a black, no sleeves, shirt. I pulled on a pair of green trousers and my cloak and headed for the door. My dirty blonde hair fluttered as I ran outside where Aragorn had two horses ready for us.  

"Finally." He smirked. "Why do you want to go so bad?" He asked as he mounted his horse. 

"Aragorn, you have been gone for sixteen years, I don't want to lose you again. What if I never saw you again? I wouldn't know what to do in life. You realize your my big brother right?" I chuckled on as he rolled his eyes at me.