Chapter 5: My Rules.

Chapter 5

He was practically vibrating as he waited on the steps for me to open the front door. I'd sensed his excitement the moment I'd picked him up from work. He'd walked out with his small knapsack, which I assumed was packed with a change of clothes and whatever other necessity he thought he needed for the night at my place. His eagerness had been clear on his face since the moment he walked through those doors and had seemed to grow when he'd opened the passenger door of my car and got in.

I thought of the tentative smile that had graced his face as we'd exchanged greetings and the irrational blush that had slashed across his cheeks when I'd told him to put on his seatbelt.

He was an enigma; this beautiful boy standing behind me and I couldn't help the feeling of excitement that spread through me at the thought of discovering everything about him that made him so irresistible.

"Are you hungry?" I asked as I pushed the door open and he followed close behind me into the warmth of the house.

"No sir." He said quickly and I decided to rephrase.

"Have you eaten?" I turned to look at him and he nodded.

"Yes sir."

"You can just drop your bag anywhere." I told him and didn't miss his quick glance up the stairs as he followed me across the way and into the family room, where he deposited his bag unto the chair.

"I thought I'd give you a quick tour of the place since you're going to be here pretty often." I told him and he glanced around the room with large eyes that seemed to take everything in with one glance.

"You're free to use anything here, no room is off-limits. Can you swim?" I asked him and he nodded again; that was something we'd have to work on.

"There's a pool out back that you're welcome to use whenever you're in the mood." I told him, and for a moment, he looked at me as if I'd hung the moon. I lead him down a wide passageway, and as he'd been doing since the moment we exited the car, he walked close behind me.

"This is the library." I said as we walked through the double doors leading into a relatively large room with high ceilings and one set of floor-to-ceiling windows on one wall. The word library was definitely being used loosely here since this room with the few shelves stacked with my favorite books and a solitary sofa against a wall could hardly be considered much of a library. Had I called it such a thing in the presence of my brother-the-scholar, he'd have laughed me to scorn, but as with everything else, Cam regarded the room with awe.

"Did you read all of these books?" he surprised me by speaking and I smiled.

"Yes. It's a hobby of mine." I told him.

"I like art." He offered shyly and when I grinned, he looked away.

"Wat kind of art?" I asked and he shrugged.

"All kinds."

I lead him through another set of double doors that led to my study. The room was a fair size. It held a too-large mahogany desk, books that meant nothing to me but were stacked on the shelves because my brother had been the one to design the space, and an expensive, oversized swivel chair that I hated.

The floor was carpeted in deep burgundy and the tall curtains were an emerald green which, according to my brother; went well with the carpets.

"This is the study." I told Cam who was busy running his fingers across the smooth surface of the desk.

"It's cozy in here." He said, and I looked around the space, trying to see it through his eyes.

"I guess it is. My brother uses it more than I do." I told him and he looked at me with interest.