Chapter 1

Danielle's POV

Beep.

Beep.

Beep.

Be-

As I turned the Alarm off I heard my bedroom door slam open and watched in fear as I saw my bloodshot eyed dare I say father stormed in. I blocked him out, his words hurt too much and I looked up just as he went to punch my face making the mistake of getting punched in the eye. As my vision blurred I heard him talking while my there was a ringing pitch in my head

"You're a ungrateful whore your mother died because of you its your fault"

I know I'm sorry.

"You're lucky I even let you live in this house with or without food"

Nothing's even worth eating I'd rather die.

" Go get ready for school before I take you out of it. Come straight home unless Josh calls me saying you're home. If not I want you home within twenty minutes."

I managed to have the strength to say 'Yes Father' after he kicked me in the gut before he left the room. My name is Danielle Ester Harvey. Ester is my Mothers name, she died in a school fire while she was teaching trying to find me, I had heard her screaming me name just as I was pulled out and was able to catch a glance right as a wood plank fell before her. I was 7 years old then, I'm now 15. My Father has blamed me for her death, it's okay because I blame me too. If I had ran to her first the firefighter's would've gotten us both out, Father has a drinking and smoking problem as well, he says it helps make him numb. Josh is my boyfriend, though I wish he wasn't. He's just as bad as father, he hurts me physically, mentally, and emotionally only thing different is Josh hurts me sexually, though he's never taken my virginity. He says that for a 'special' night and I honestly don't want to know when that is but yeah enough about that.

I got up off of the floor and made my way towards the bathroom to take a quick shower, not without glancing in the mirror I had a black eye forming and I looked at the scars on my stomach and arms all from myself. I forced myself to look away and get in the shower, ever since I was twelve when i found out about self harm I've used it as my escape and a way to distract myself. I got out of the shower and got dressed drying my wavy black hair and straightening it while putting on cover up so no one would ask questions I didn't really bother with any other makeup besides mascara and chapstick then dressed in light blue jeans and a white fitted sweater I headed out after making breakfast for my father. I usually walk to school besides the rare occasions that Josh will come pick me up. Something was off about today and it was raining like crazy though I had a weird feeling that something was going to happen but couldn't figure out if it was a good or bad feeling..

When I arrived at my high school I was attacked by my only best friend Avery, when my mom died we had moved to a new town by the time I was eight years old it was hard to even think about getting a friend because I was as quiet as can be but she came up to me when I first walked in that classroom and the first person to make me smile after what had happen to my mom. Ever since we've been completely attached but she doesn't know about my dad or Josh.

"Hey! so did you hear about the transfers? They came all the way from Spain...Dani?"

"Yeah? sorry I spaced-" I started saying but she was just staring at me worried

"What happened to your eye?" she grabbed my face and turned it so she could look "Who did this to you? I swear I will kick that little shit's ass once-"

I cut her off." Enough Avery it doesn't matter stop." I said looking away and walking towards English class cursing the rain for washing away the makeup but she stopped me by yelling

"Danielle who the fuck did it?! I'm practically your sister and you're not even telling me who hurt you? I thought we were closer than that" Her voice toning down towards the end into a whisper and a tear went down her face. I felt everyone's eyes on us and heard whispers going around and all of the sudden thought I heard a growl but I ignored it all and went to go hug Avery just whispering

"I'll tell you let's go outside and I'll explain everything" She just nodded and hid behind me she's strong but I still consider her as a little sister. I walked towards the schools exit only to be stopped right before we went out i was grabbed by Josh

"Where are you going?" He definitely wasn't in a good mood and neither was I so I told Avery I'd meet her by the trees and when she left I spoke,

"Why does it matter?" I said not daring to look in his eyes but I could feel someone else's eyes bore into the back of my head. His grip on my arm tightened and made me wince and I heard the same growl from before

"Don't speak to me like that.You're going to regret it later." He spoke in a dangerously low voice near my ear however I was only scared when I heard a locker slamming and turned to see a unfamiliar guy walking away fists clenched. I was interrupted from staring when Josh tugged my arm harshly and said "Understood? Good. Now you can go outside but I want you in by lunch or I'll call your dad, and get that eye covered up you look more ugly than usual." he sneered letting me go and walking away. As much as I wish I wasn't affected by his words it hurt a lot but I continued my way outside to meet with Avery to see her sitting against a tree

"Hey" I tried lightening the mood but she glared and pointed across from her,

"Sit and explain." so I sat and explained everything from beginning to end, from when my mom died to when my dad started drinking and the abuse started then when I met Josh and how he does the same as my dad but worse all the way to the threats and the bad days, reasons why I didn't show up to school some days and I let her process it in.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys! So this is my first book I understand if its not that good XD but good or bad criticism is accepted anyways I'm hoping to be successful with this :) Please Vote, Comment, Share! I think I'll start updating every other day or every two days depending how many people actually become interested :)

Just to make sure you guys know Danielle, Avery, Josh and Avery's dad and mom as well as the school are all human XD I'll be introducing a bunch of people in the next few chapters :)

-S.W.